Windows 10: Wake-On-Lan does not work

Discus and support Wake-On-Lan does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I'm having trouble getting the Wake-On-Lan to work. Here is what I did so far: - I activated Wake-On-Lan in UEFI (there is only one option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fdtd, Nov 10, 2020.

1. fdtd Win User

Wake-On-Lan does not work

Hi there

I'm having trouble getting the Wake-On-Lan to work.

Here is what I did so far:
    - I activated Wake-On-Lan in UEFI (there is only one option for this in my UEFI)
    - On my network adapter (Device Manager/Network adapters/Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller/Properties) on the tab "Advanced" I activated ALL the settings, regarding Wake-On-Lan / wake on receiving the magic packet and on the tab "Power Management" I enabled the following three checkboxes: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" "Allow this device to wake the computer" "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer"
    - I disabled the "Turn on fast start-up" setting in the Power Options (some people recommended doing this, if you're using Windows 10)
    - I updated the UEFI to the newest version available (according the ASUS website)
    - I reinstalled Windows 10 and installed all the Windows Updates

My mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX
    UEFI version: 2501 (date: 07/21/2014)

I'm trying to wake my computer via my router (there is an integrated function, which sends the magic packet to the device). So far it never worked.

I think the issue is with my network card, because everytime I put my computer to Sleep or Hibernate or Shut down the network cart turns off (the LEDs don't blink anymore) and I guess the magic packet never gets the chance to do anything.

Does anyone has/had the same issue?

Greetings

:)

2. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Mala_S, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Wake-On-Lan does not work

Wake on lan not working.

Hi Raunak,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    "Wake on LAN" is a powerful and convenient feature that enables users to remotely power up their computer over a network, saving energy while also allowing remote access to the computer when needed. However, Wake on
    LAN, like many features that offer additional convenience, can also create a security risk by enabling power up capability on a computer which should only be powered up locally.

I suggest you to install Ethernet card drivers from the manufacturers website.

Also Use Network Configuration Settings. Please follow the below steps to troubleshoot with the issue:

1. In the Run box type “ncpa.cpl” and click “ok”.

2. Up next from the window that will be displayed choose “configure”, click on “advanced tab” and pick the “Enable PME” option.

3. Change the value into “enable”.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Wake-On-Lan does not work

1. Wake-On-Lan does not work - Similar Threads - Wake Lan does

2. Wake on lan not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake on lan not working anymore: Hi,Previously I'm using windows 10 and wake on lan works fine. But last year I do a in place upgrade to windows 11, then wake on lan never works again.I tried all steps I found from internet, nothing helps.Is there something changed in windows 11? and how could I bring WOL...
  3. Wake on lan not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake on lan not working anymore: Hi,Previously I'm using windows 10 and wake on lan works fine. But last year I do a in place upgrade to windows 11, then wake on lan never works again.I tried all steps I found from internet, nothing helps.Is there something changed in windows 11? and how could I bring WOL...
  4. Wake On Wireless Lan not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake On Wireless Lan not working: Hello there, I am trying to remotely startup my computer using another wifi connection, my PC uses a wifi card also. The problem is that altough I enabled the wake on lan option on my BIOS and on my wifi card through device manager, the PC doesn't respond to the magic...
  5. Wake on Lan Not Working

Wake on Lan Not Working: I have a brand new out-of-the-box HP 800G5 Mini. When i turn it off from within Windows, the link lights Do Not lite up. When I go into BIOS and Not into Windows and do a Shutdown the Link lights go flash. I also have a New HP 800G5 Mini that has been updated with everything...
  6. Wake-On-Lan does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake-On-Lan does not work: Hi there I'm having trouble getting the Wake-On-Lan to work. Here is what I id so far: - I activated Wake-On-Lan in UEFI there is only one option for this in my UEFI - On my network adapter Device Manager/Network adapters/Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller/Properties on the...
  7. Wake on LAN not working

Wake on LAN not working: I just cannot get wake on LAN working. I have it enabled in my BIOS and supposedly my network card supports it as seen in this command. [img] However when I try to enable it I get bamboozled. [img] Also, sadly it is grayed out in the device manager. [img] Could the...
  8. Wake up on LAN not working!

Wake up on LAN not working!: Hello. I have my desktop PC at my work office. This is great, but when I am at home, I only have a Chromebook and an Android tablet. I would love to get Steam Link or Chrome Remote Desktop to work, and possibly do some gaming at home. I've gotten it to work great, the...
  9. Wake on Lan - Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on Lan - Not Working: My Inspiron 7586 does not wake on lan when the signal is sent from my phone or another PC if thte PC is sleeping. My network card and the BIOS are both set to be active for wake on lan. I would appreciate any assistance since Dell seems to be of no help (the "tech" did not...
  10. Wake On LAN is Not Working

Wake On LAN is Not Working: I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10: I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a...