Windows 10: Wake On Lan doesn't work from Windows 10 to another Windows 10 machine

Discus and support Wake On Lan doesn't work from Windows 10 to another Windows 10 machine in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Computer A and Computer B, both equipped with Windows 10. I want to be able to wake Computer A (using command line) remotely from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TechIm, Nov 15, 2018.

1. TechIm Win User

Wake On Lan doesn't work from Windows 10 to another Windows 10 machine

Hello,

I have a Computer A and Computer B, both equipped with Windows 10.

I want to be able to wake Computer A (using command line) remotely from Computer B; on Computer A wol is enabled in bios and fast boot is disabled... despite this, it simply doesn't work.

I've tried utilities like WolCmd, Mc-Wol and even others, but Computer A simply doesn't react. But I can wake it from other machines, equipped with Windows 7 (using the same utilities mentioned above) or Linux Ubuntu... this means that wol itself is enabled and working.

Eventually, I tried with a "Wake on Lan", a application that provides a GUI (https://wol.aquilatech.com/), and it works... but I need to send the magic packet from command line without user interactivity.

So, what's happening? Something is filtering the "magic packet" command on Computer B?

:)

TechIm, Nov 15, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10, Windows update over LAN (Why doesn't it work?)

Nope, just 7 Windows 10 machines.

newtekie1, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Wake On Lan doesn't work from Windows 10 to another Windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - Wake Lan doesn't

2. Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake on LAN doesn't work after shutdown command: Hello, Wake on LAN only works after shutting off my pc using the power button on my pc or pressing shut down button in windows menu, but not after i use command "shutdown - s" in cmd, or any other app using commands to do this.I want to turn off my pc using Push2Run so i can...
  3. Wake on Lan not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake on Lan not working in Windows 10: Hi,The WoL feature in my system is not working in both Hibernate and Shutdown mode. I tried every possible solution yet I couldn't resolve the issue. I am running the latest OS build i.e., the insiders preview that was released recently. It is working fine in the sleep mode....
  4. Wake on Lan Not Working

Wake on Lan Not Working: I have a brand new out-of-the-box HP 800G5 Mini. When i turn it off from within Windows, the link lights Do Not lite up. When I go into BIOS and Not into Windows and do a Shutdown the Link lights go flash. I also have a New HP 800G5 Mini that has been updated with everything...
  5. Wake-on-LAN not working on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    Wake-on-LAN not working on Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Wake-on-LAN is an Ethernet networking standard that allows a properly configured network computer to be turned on or awakened by a network message. In this post, we will provide comprehensive solutions you can try to successfully resolve issues where Wake-on-LAN (WOL)...
  6. Wake on LAN not working

Wake on LAN not working: I just cannot get wake on LAN working. I have it enabled in my BIOS and supposedly my network card supports it as seen in this command. [img] However when I try to enable it I get bamboozled. [img] Also, sadly it is grayed out in the device manager. [img] Could the...
  7. Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:: I'm trying to set a Windows 10 computer to "Wake on LAN' so that I can wake it up remotely and connect through Team Viewer. I found instructions telling me to go to Device Manager, Network Adapters, properties for the Realtek PCIe GbG card, advanced. On the instructions, I...
  8. Wake on Lan - Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on Lan - Not Working: My Inspiron 7586 does not wake on lan when the signal is sent from my phone or another PC if thte PC is sleeping. My network card and the BIOS are both set to be active for wake on lan. I would appreciate any assistance since Dell seems to be of no help (the "tech" did not...
  9. Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work: Hi, I have spent a lot of time to search a solution for my issue but I couldn't. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420s with an Intel Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 adapter. What I did is: Bios checked- settings wake on wireless lan enabled Power option - enabled cmd as admin...
  10. Wake On LAN is Not Working

Wake On LAN is Not Working: I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10: I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wake on lan doesnt work