Windows 10: Wake On LAN is not working with Latest Windows 1803 and 1709

Discus and support Wake On LAN is not working with Latest Windows 1803 and 1709 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all! I have a project that need to wake up my PC through LAN and the result after testing is unstable. I'd appreciate some explanation of how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SelaHin, Nov 6, 2018.

1. SelaHin Win User

Wake On LAN is not working with Latest Windows 1803 and 1709

Dear all!

I have a project that need to wake up my PC through LAN and the result after testing is unstable.

I'd appreciate some explanation of how the Magic Packet works and here is a list of my Process.

Model Version Windows 10 Shutdown Wake On LAN Remark
    Precision T3610 1703 Working Working This one work very stable
    HP Pavilion AIO 27 N110 1703 Not Working Not Working
    HP Pavilion AIO 27 N110 1709 Working Working This one work very stable
    DELL OP 7450 AIO 1803 Not Working Not Working

How do we get all of these PC working with Wake On LAN? Do I need to install to previous version?

:)

SelaHin, Nov 6, 2018

2. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Nov 6, 2018
  3. EdFox Win User
    Does Windows 10 Version 1803 Break Wake on Lan?

Hello,

I updated to Version 1803 on June 2. After the update, Wake On Lan would no longer work. It worked before the update. I have done the following:

• Checked for update to BIOS, and installed update to A21 for my Dell Optiplex 790
    • Ensured that Wake on Lan was enabled in BIOS and Deep Sleep was disabled
    • Checked for updated driver for Intel 82579LM NIC. No update is available
    • Checked Power Management tab for Intel 82579LM NIC
      • Cleared all "Power Saver Options"
      • Checked "Wake on Magic Packet"
      • Cleared all other "Wake on Lan" Options
    • Cleared "Turn on Fast Startup" in Power Button Settings
    After doing all the above, I rebooted. Wake on LAN does not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

EdFox, Nov 6, 2018
  4. chuckc3 Win User

Wake on LAN Not Working in Windows 10

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • My desktop computer is connected with a wired Ethernet connection
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives magic packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

chuckc3, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Wake On LAN is not working with Latest Windows 1803 and 1709 - Similar Threads - Wake LAN working

2. Wake on lan not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake on lan not working anymore: Hi,Previously I'm using windows 10 and wake on lan works fine. But last year I do a in place upgrade to windows 11, then wake on lan never works again.I tried all steps I found from internet, nothing helps.Is there something changed in windows 11? and how could I bring WOL...
  3. Wake on Lan not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake on Lan not working in Windows 10: Hi,The WoL feature in my system is not working in both Hibernate and Shutdown mode. I tried every possible solution yet I couldn't resolve the issue. I am running the latest OS build i.e., the insiders preview that was released recently. It is working fine in the sleep mode....
  4. Wake on Lan Not Working

Wake on Lan Not Working: I have a brand new out-of-the-box HP 800G5 Mini. When i turn it off from within Windows, the link lights Do Not lite up. When I go into BIOS and Not into Windows and do a Shutdown the Link lights go flash. I also have a New HP 800G5 Mini that has been updated with everything...
  5. Wake-On-Lan does not work

Wake-On-Lan does not work: Hi there I'm having trouble getting the Wake-On-Lan to work. Here is what I did so far: - I activated Wake-On-Lan in UEFI (there is only one option for this in my UEFI) - On my network adapter (Device Manager/Network adapters/Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller/Properties)...
  6. Wake on LAN not working

Wake on LAN not working: I just cannot get wake on LAN working. I have it enabled in my BIOS and supposedly my network card supports it as seen in this command. [img] However when I try to enable it I get bamboozled. [img] Also, sadly it is grayed out in the device manager. [img] Could the...
  7. Wake up on LAN not working!

Wake up on LAN not working!: Hello. I have my desktop PC at my work office. This is great, but when I am at home, I only have a Chromebook and an Android tablet. I would love to get Steam Link or Chrome Remote Desktop to work, and possibly do some gaming at home. I've gotten it to work great, the...
  8. Wake on Lan - Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on Lan - Not Working: My Inspiron 7586 does not wake on lan when the signal is sent from my phone or another PC if thte PC is sleeping. My network card and the BIOS are both set to be active for wake on lan. I would appreciate any assistance since Dell seems to be of no help (the "tech" did not...
  9. 1709 or 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1709 or 1803: With all of the posts about troubles with the 1803 version, is it even worth it to install the new version? I have 1709 and am enjoying it. I have read about the add ons and deletion of the different things in 1803 and none of the new add ons I would even use. What is the...
  10. Wake On LAN is Not Working

Wake On LAN is Not Working: I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10: I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 wake on lan not working