Windows 10: Wake on LAN only working from sleep mode

Discus and support Wake on LAN only working from sleep mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been searching this for like an hour and can’t get wake on lan to work from shutdown. I had it working for months and then I had to format my hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hchighfield, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Wake on LAN only working from sleep mode

I’ve been searching this for like an hour and can’t get wake on lan to work from shutdown. I had it working for months and then I had to format my hard drive and now it’s only works when my computer is sleeping and not when I shut it down. I’ve done a lot including enabling the walk on magic packet in device manager with power management tab and advanced. I have disabled green Ethernet, fast boot and a few other things. Nothing has worked. My MAC address, public ip, local ip are all the same and I have tried from port 7 & 9.

submitted by /u/hchighfield
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hchighfield, Dec 3, 2019

2. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Wake on LAN only working from sleep mode

sleep mode not working

Hi Ishmayel,

One of the possible causes why sleep mode is not working is due to a driver conflict. To rectify this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Wake on LAN only working from sleep mode

1. Wake on LAN only working from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Wake LAN working

2. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN: I am facing below issue continuously. System not waking from sleep If it was connected to LAN when I put the system in to sleep.Once the system went to sleep I can see the lights on power button blinking for few seconds and then it got turned off.After this if I press the...
  3. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN: I am facing below issue continuously. System not waking from sleep If it was connected to LAN when I put the system in to sleep.Once the system went to sleep I can see the lights on power button blinking for few seconds and then it got turned off.After this if I press the...
  4. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  6. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  7. Wake on Lan - Not Working

Wake on Lan - Not Working: My Inspiron 7586 does not wake on lan when the signal is sent from my phone or another PC if thte PC is sleeping. My network card and the BIOS are both set to be active for wake on lan. I would appreciate any assistance since Dell seems to be of no help (the "tech" did not...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  10. Wake On LAN is Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake On LAN is Not Working: I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10: I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a...