Windows 10: Wake on Lan

Discus and support Wake on Lan in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can't get computer to wake from master computer,worked perfect when windows 7 was on remote local computer? I'm I missing something in a setup. 42469 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zplugger, Feb 28, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Wake on Lan

Can't get computer to wake from master computer,worked perfect when windows 7 was on remote local computer? I'm I missing something in a setup.

:)

zplugger, Feb 28, 2016
  2. Korona165 Win User

Wake On Lan Question

I know how to set and work Wake Up On Lan and it works. My question is more about Wake Up On Lan in general. Is there anyway at all to use Wake Up On Lan over WiFi or dose it only work when the pc is connected to Lan(cable)? Is there any other way
    to wake the pc from Sleep Mode by my Router or something? Or is the only Wake Up On Lan by Cable only?

I have to ask this then if you only can use Wake Up On Lan by using Cable only. How come in Device Manager and select my WiFi card and go to Power Management I have 3 setting 1: Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. 2: Allow this device
    to wake the computer. 3: Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer. The under the Advanced Tap I have options like this 1: ARP offload for WoWLAN. 2: GTK rekeying for WoWLAN. 3: NS offload for WoWLAN. 4: Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect. 5: Wake on Magic Packet.
    6: Wake on Pattern Match. That’s all under my wireless card so how came Wake On Lan can’t be used over WiFi but I have all of the options? I can say over WiFi with my pc on and I use a Wake On Lan Tool to test if everything is setup right it passes and I can
    even put my pc to sleep using WiFi just can’t wake it.

Korona165, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Wake-on-Lan Difficulties

Hi Matthew,

For more information and to enable Wake-on-LAN, you can refer to the article below:

How to Enable Wake-on-LAN in Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 28, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Wake on Lan

What network controller are you using? If it is Realtek GBE Family Controller, I had to go to the Realtek website and download their driver for the controller. On my old motherboard after installing their driver I was able to WOL the computer all the way from a complete shutdown state. My new motherboard, MSI A78-E45 V2, I can get WOL to work only from a sleep state, not shutdown. In device manager right click on the network controller, properties, look on the power tab for the WOL options.

NavyLCDR, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

Wake on Lan

1. Wake on Lan - Similar Threads - Wake Lan

2. Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN: My W10 machine has had Wake on LAN WoL working perfectly for over two years. Recently however, one of the Windows updates has stopped it from working.To be perfectly clear, the BIOS settings haven’t been changed, the network adapter driver hasn’t been updated, nor has any of...
  3. Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN: My W10 machine has had Wake on LAN WoL working perfectly for over two years. Recently however, one of the Windows updates has stopped it from working.To be perfectly clear, the BIOS settings haven’t been changed, the network adapter driver hasn’t been updated, nor has any of...
  4. Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?: My home is in New Jersey. There I have a Windows 11 pro PC. The internet is on always to support the security system. I travel most of the year overseas. I carry a Window 11 pro laptop.I would like to access my home PC including startup from sleep or hibernation from overseas...
  6. Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?

Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?: My home is in New Jersey. There I have a Windows 11 pro PC. The internet is on always to support the security system. I travel most of the year overseas. I carry a Window 11 pro laptop.I would like to access my home PC including startup from sleep or hibernation from overseas...
  7. Wake On Lan and S0 power state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake On Lan and S0 power state: Hello everyone,I have been using WOL for many years. I had to change the PC now W11 Pro and now I can't Google any working solution. I followed many tutorials including this one. I found out the problem is the Modern Standby state S0. This is my powercfg -a.The following...
  8. Wake On Lan and S0 power state

Wake On Lan and S0 power state: Hello everyone,I have been using WOL for many years. I had to change the PC now W11 Pro and now I can't Google any working solution. I followed many tutorials including this one. I found out the problem is the Modern Standby state S0. This is my powercfg -a.The following...
  9. Windows 11 busted wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 busted wake on LAN: On Windows 10, i had the option of waking my computer in the basement from the second floor, thus allowing me to access my video library without running up and down stairs.Windows 11 busted this function and any online research I have done includes 12 to 15 separate steps for...
  10. Windows 11 busted wake on LAN

Windows 11 busted wake on LAN: On Windows 10, i had the option of waking my computer in the basement from the second floor, thus allowing me to access my video library without running up and down stairs.Windows 11 busted this function and any online research I have done includes 12 to 15 separate steps for...