Windows 10: Wake On Lan

Discus and support Wake On Lan in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello so i recently strated a school project that involves Wake on lan and i managed to get tho pc to turn on but not off so i asked for help on github... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Timmguin, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Wake On Lan

/u/Timmguin, Nov 13, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Wake On Lan

Mala_S, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Wake On Lan

1. Wake On Lan - Similar Threads - Wake Lan

2. Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN: My W10 machine has had Wake on LAN WoL working perfectly for over two years. Recently however, one of the Windows updates has stopped it from working.To be perfectly clear, the BIOS settings haven’t been changed, the network adapter driver hasn’t been updated, nor has any of...
  3. Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN: My W10 machine has had Wake on LAN WoL working perfectly for over two years. Recently however, one of the Windows updates has stopped it from working.To be perfectly clear, the BIOS settings haven’t been changed, the network adapter driver hasn’t been updated, nor has any of...
  4. Windows 10 update has broken Wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?: My home is in New Jersey. There I have a Windows 11 pro PC. The internet is on always to support the security system. I travel most of the year overseas. I carry a Window 11 pro laptop.I would like to access my home PC including startup from sleep or hibernation from overseas...
  6. Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?

Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?: My home is in New Jersey. There I have a Windows 11 pro PC. The internet is on always to support the security system. I travel most of the year overseas. I carry a Window 11 pro laptop.I would like to access my home PC including startup from sleep or hibernation from overseas...
  7. Wake On Lan and S0 power state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake On Lan and S0 power state: Hello everyone,I have been using WOL for many years. I had to change the PC now W11 Pro and now I can't Google any working solution. I followed many tutorials including this one. I found out the problem is the Modern Standby state S0. This is my powercfg -a.The following...
  8. Wake On Lan and S0 power state

Wake On Lan and S0 power state: Hello everyone,I have been using WOL for many years. I had to change the PC now W11 Pro and now I can't Google any working solution. I followed many tutorials including this one. I found out the problem is the Modern Standby state S0. This is my powercfg -a.The following...
  9. Windows 11 busted wake on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 busted wake on LAN: On Windows 10, i had the option of waking my computer in the basement from the second floor, thus allowing me to access my video library without running up and down stairs.Windows 11 busted this function and any online research I have done includes 12 to 15 separate steps for...
  10. Windows 11 busted wake on LAN

Windows 11 busted wake on LAN: On Windows 10, i had the option of waking my computer in the basement from the second floor, thus allowing me to access my video library without running up and down stairs.Windows 11 busted this function and any online research I have done includes 12 to 15 separate steps for...