Windows 10: Wake On Wireless Lan not working

Discus and support Wake On Wireless Lan not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I am trying to remotely startup my computer using another wifi connection, my PC uses a wifi card also. The problem is that altough I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jafboy, May 7, 2021.

1. jafboy Win User

Wake On Wireless Lan not working

Hello there, I am trying to remotely startup my computer using another wifi connection, my PC uses a wifi card also. The problem is that altough I enabled the wake on lan option on my BIOS and on my wifi card through device manager, the PC doesn't respond to the magic packets. I used wireshark to check whether my pc is receiving the packets or not and it turned out that it does. I am not sure if the problem is related to port forwarding or something else, I guess it is not port forwarding because I am receiving the magic packets but the PC doens't respond by waking up. Can you please assi

:)

jafboy, May 7, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 7, 2021
  3. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, May 7, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Mala_S, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Wake On Wireless Lan not working - Similar Threads - Wake Wireless Lan

2. Wake on lan not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake on lan not working anymore: Hi,Previously I'm using windows 10 and wake on lan works fine. But last year I do a in place upgrade to windows 11, then wake on lan never works again.I tried all steps I found from internet, nothing helps.Is there something changed in windows 11? and how could I bring WOL...
  3. Wake on lan not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake on lan not working anymore: Hi,Previously I'm using windows 10 and wake on lan works fine. But last year I do a in place upgrade to windows 11, then wake on lan never works again.I tried all steps I found from internet, nothing helps.Is there something changed in windows 11? and how could I bring WOL...
  4. Wake on Lan Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake on Lan Not Working: I have a brand new out-of-the-box HP 800G5 Mini. When i turn it off from within Windows, the link lights Do Not lite up. When I go into BIOS and Not into Windows and do a Shutdown the Link lights go flash. I also have a New HP 800G5 Mini that has been updated with everything...
  5. Wake-On-Lan does not work

Wake-On-Lan does not work: Hi there I'm having trouble getting the Wake-On-Lan to work. Here is what I did so far: - I activated Wake-On-Lan in UEFI (there is only one option for this in my UEFI) - On my network adapter (Device Manager/Network adapters/Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller/Properties)...
  6. Wake on Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on Wireless Lan: Is there a way to set up my computer to wake u from wireless lan? I am running windows 10 but nowhere near an ethernet port, and would like to be able to do the regular WOL abilities. Another question I haven't been able to find anywhere, is it possible to turn on my...
  7. Wake on LAN not working

Wake on LAN not working: I just cannot get wake on LAN working. I have it enabled in my BIOS and supposedly my network card supports it as seen in this command. [img] However when I try to enable it I get bamboozled. [img] Also, sadly it is grayed out in the device manager. [img] Could the...
  8. Wake up on LAN not working!

Wake up on LAN not working!: Hello. I have my desktop PC at my work office. This is great, but when I am at home, I only have a Chromebook and an Android tablet. I would love to get Steam Link or Chrome Remote Desktop to work, and possibly do some gaming at home. I've gotten it to work great, the...
  9. Wake on Lan - Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on Lan - Not Working: My Inspiron 7586 does not wake on lan when the signal is sent from my phone or another PC if thte PC is sleeping. My network card and the BIOS are both set to be active for wake on lan. I would appreciate any assistance since Dell seems to be of no help (the "tech" did not...
  10. Wake On LAN is Not Working

Wake On LAN is Not Working: I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10: I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a...