Windows 10: Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work

Discus and support Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have spent a lot of time to search a solution for my issue but I couldn't. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420s with an Intel Centrino(R)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pawel Lukasz, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time to search a solution for my issue but I couldn't.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420s with an Intel Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 adapter.

What I did is:

Bios checked- settings wake on wireless lan enabled

Power option - enabled

cmd as admin and command below done

powercfg -deviceenablewake "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205"

the result is - You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.

I totally don't understand it... why ? I'm admin ...

REGEDIT key created

Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > NativeWifiP > Parameters [EnableWoWLAN (REG_DWORD=0x01)]

I have also enabled 'Wake on Magic Packet' in the device driver/configuration (see screen capture 1)

I cannot enable the option 'Allow this device to wake the computer' on the 'Power Management' tab (see screen capture 2). Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work a6ffe22f-27f6-48bf-baf4-6c0dbed7813b.jpg

Are you able to advise why I have a grey out option?

Regards,

Pawel

:)

Pawel Lukasz, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Wake on Wireless LAN is supported on specific OEM platforms only, check with your manufacturer if your system is supported.

WoWLAN will be disabled if, Intel Active Management technology has the following enabled:

• Platform has Intel AMT Enabled.
    • AMT is configured to operate in S3.
    • Configured to use Wi-Fi.
    The wireless adaptor and its integration must be validated by the system/motherboard manufacturer.

Meanwhile I suggest to try with the methods mentioned below.

Method 1:

Go to Control panel->power options->Change plan settings->Change advanced power settings.

Under Sleep, expand allow wake timers and make sure that it is enabled.

Method 2:

Update the network drivers and see if it makes any difference. Refer to the instructions mentioned in the link below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 3:

Enable the hidden administrator account and make sure to run command prompt as admin before you execute the command
    powercfg -deviceenablewake "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205.

• Click start, type cmd, right click on cmd
      and select Run as administrator.
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes and press the enter key.
    • Sign in with the built in admin account and see if the command works.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time to search a solution for my issue but I couldn't.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420s with an Intel Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 adapter.

What I did is:

Bios checked- settings wake on wireless lan enabled

Power option - enabled

cmd as admin and command below done

powercfg -deviceenablewake "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205"

the result is - You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.

I totally don't understand it... why ? I'm admin ...

REGEDIT key created

Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > NativeWifiP > Parameters [EnableWoWLAN (REG_DWORD=0x01)]

I have also enabled 'Wake on Magic Packet' in the device driver/configuration (see screen capture 1)

I cannot enable the option 'Allow this device to wake the computer' on the 'Power Management' tab (see screen capture 2).
    Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work a6ffe22f-27f6-48bf-baf4-6c0dbed7813b.jpg

Are you able to advise why I have a grey out option?

Regards,

Pawel

Pawel Lukasz, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work

Hi Peer_Sam

please see below

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.345]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

HID-compliant mouse

Remote Desktop Mouse Device

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -deviceenablewake "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205"

You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.

Pawel Lukasz, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Wake on Wireless LAN windows 10 - Advanced-N 6205 - doesn't work - Similar Threads - Wake Wireless LAN

2. Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205: Hello,I have been dealing with this issue for so many days. The wifi was working fine. Suddenly, one day, this wifi card Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 stopped working. I don't recall if I had applied a Windows update. I went through so many advice and configuration to solve...
  3. Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205: Hello,I have been dealing with this issue for so many days. The wifi was working fine. Suddenly, one day, this wifi card Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 stopped working. I don't recall if I had applied a Windows update. I went through so many advice and configuration to solve...
  4. Wi-Fi stuck in airplane mode in Windows 10 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux: I have been using Arch Linux for a year on my laptop but then, I decided to dual-boot Arch Linux and Windows 10 but when I tried connecting to the internet it did not show any connections. So, I tried plugging in a CAT.5 cable and I got online. But i needed wireless to work...
  6. Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux: I have been using Arch Linux for a year on my laptop but then, I decided to dual-boot Arch Linux and Windows 10 but when I tried connecting to the internet it did not show any connections. So, I tried plugging in a CAT.5 cable and I got online. But i needed wireless to work...
  7. Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Shows Error Code 10 in Device Manager but Works Fine in Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Wake on Lan not working in Windows 10

Wake on Lan not working in Windows 10: Hi,The WoL feature in my system is not working in both Hibernate and Shutdown mode. I tried every possible solution yet I couldn't resolve the issue. I am running the latest OS build i.e., the insiders preview that was released recently. It is working fine in the sleep mode....
  9. Wake On Wireless Lan not working

Wake On Wireless Lan not working: Hello there, I am trying to remotely startup my computer using another wifi connection, my PC uses a wifi card also. The problem is that altough I enabled the wake on lan option on my BIOS and on my wifi card through device manager, the PC doesn't respond to the magic...
  10. Wake on Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on Wireless Lan: Is there a way to set up my computer to wake u from wireless lan? I am running windows 10 but nowhere near an ethernet port, and would like to be able to do the regular WOL abilities. Another question I haven't been able to find anywhere, is it possible to turn on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. windows 10 wake on wifi

3. centrino(r) advanced-n 6205 win 10 1809

4. windows 10 wake on wireless,
  5. wake on lan wireless windows 10