Windows 10: Wake problem and default account

Discus and support Wake problem and default account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 won't wake with mouse or keyboard most of the time. Have to reboot.Occasionally the screen will come up but mouse doesn't work. Have to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WRMILES, May 17, 2023.

1. WRMILES Win User

Wake problem and default account

Windows 10 won't wake with mouse or keyboard most of the time. Have to reboot.Occasionally the screen will come up but mouse doesn't work. Have to reboot.Checked that both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake computer under Settings. Also checked that USB is allowed to wake computer there are multiple USB's listed, which is confusing. Checked that drivers are up to date.Separate problem. When I start computer there is a phantom default account with my name and a silhouette. Don't know password. I have to select another account I have to continue. I have been to Accounts under Settings; th

:)

WRMILES, May 17, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 17, 2023
  3. Try3 Win User
    Account problem

Aslam,

Yes, the procedure is complex but I split it into individual steps that, I believe, can be followed by anybody.

Booting into Safe mode is explained in section 3. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Getting into the built-in Administrator account is explained in section 4. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Any local account and any MSAccount can be made a "Standard" account or an Admin account. You need to be logged in to an Admin account in order to raise a Standard account to Admin status.
    - Once you are logged in to one of the Admin accounts that I suggest that you create, you can go to Settings, Accounts, Family & other users so that you can select the account you want to raise then click on the Change account type button that appears.
    - Be wary of promoting then relying upon the current problem account because its user profile might be damaged. I cannot say that it is definitely damaged but only that something has gone wrong.

Denis

4. Wake problem and default account

changing default account on calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in using mail and colander app on your laptop. However, you may try the steps mentioned in the article provided below except troubleshooter. Try to
    run the troubleshooter from here.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and check if you are able to sync properly. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Wake problem and default account

1. Wake problem and default account - Similar Threads - Wake problem default

2. Wake problem and default account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake problem and default account: Windows 10 won't wake with mouse or keyboard most of the time. Have to reboot.Occasionally the screen will come up but mouse doesn't work. Have to reboot.Checked that both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake computer under Settings. Also checked that USB is allowed to wake...
  3. Wake problem and default account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake problem and default account: Windows 10 won't wake with mouse or keyboard most of the time. Have to reboot.Occasionally the screen will come up but mouse doesn't work. Have to reboot.Checked that both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake computer under Settings. Also checked that USB is allowed to wake...
  4. Wake On Lan Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake On Lan Problem: Hello, I was using the wake on lan feature on my previous device without any problems, but when I turn on the wake on lan feature on my new computer, the computer does not turn off completely, it still sends power to the usb and mouse. same time Same problem exists when...
  5. PC Wake Problem

PC Wake Problem: No matter how many times I put the PC to sleep it constantly wakes and is driving me insane. Here's the result from the cmd, please help as I really don't understand it.[ATTACH]...
  6. Command line to wake up the default Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command line to wake up the default Printer: Hello, we have an application that performs printing, after some time the printer stops printing, the system only works again when we print a test page. We have already removed the echo and suspend option, but after a few minutes, when we try to print again, the file enters...
  7. Why is there a wake up timer by default?

Why is there a wake up timer by default?: Could someone explain this to me? Why is it that when getting a new computer, or even upgrading the the old one from Windows 8 to 10, there is a timer that wakes the computer from sleep in the middle of the night? And more importantly, why is this the default? I'm only...
  8. problem waking from sleep

problem waking from sleep: Hi Ive recently upgraded from win 10 ver1803 to version 1903 since then i am having issues with the computer not recovering from sleep mode. it tries to wake up, black screen, then it shuts down and restarts. I get event id 41 in event viewer[ATTACH]...
  9. Wake up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up problems: Hi all my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , anyone knows how to fix ? Thx 48515
  10. problem waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    problem waking up: Hi, I just upgraded to windows 10 the other day and since then when I put it in sleep mode it will not wake up, Can anybody help me? Thanks 11207