Windows 10: Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

Discus and support Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Str8outofCrompton, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I have disabled all devices from being allowed to wake my computer except for my eHome Infrared receiver UBSCIR. I have removed all unnecessary peripherals external storage, headphones, etc.. I have no Windows updates pending.I started to diagnose the problem by resetting my power plan back to its default sett

:)

Str8outofCrompton, Feb 24, 2022
  2. r0k2 Win User

Windows wakes up with Wake Timers set to off

Dear Geethu! Really thanks for such fast reply. But!

In other words - you don't know how to get rid of wake events! Did you underastand my question? How exactly your solution is helping in getting rid of wake events?

I do not want to troubleshoot power as I said before, I want Windows not to wake up no matter what is set in Allow Wake Timers setting. I want to turn off Wake Timers for real, once and for all, and forget about them for the rest of my life.

And the question (after applying your solution) still remains: why PC is waking up if Wake Timers are disabled?

Of course your solution is not working.

3. Windows 10 Waking self up at random times in morning with Wake Source: Unknown

After installing Windows 10, my computer started waking it self up at random times between 7am and 9am. I check the power troubleshooter in the even log and it is just coming up with Wake Source: Unknown.

When I run "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" the only thing coming up is the keyboard. I disabled wakeup on lan and have turned off wake timers. I did have this problem for on windows 8.1.

I tried suggestions from similar topics with no luck. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

JacobLouis, Feb 24, 2022
  4. majstang Win User

Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

wake source missing

Hi!
    First post here. I was planning on doing a script that behaves differently depending on which wake source type waking up my system from hibernate. Im abled to differentiate between timer wake-up and mouse/keyboard wake-up, but not between mouse/keyboard and wake on magic packets. "Powercfg -lastwake" doesnt give sufficient info on hibernation wake sources. Using standby instead there is more info but there seem to be a problem. Mouse/keyboard wake-ups and wake on magic packets both reports the network card as wake source type. That is clearly messed up, which makes it impossible to use standby altogether. I do prefer hibernate though. Its very hard to find info going deeper into this subject in order to get answers. Most topics just scratches the surface discussing issues with unwanted wake-ups, which I dont have. Is it anyone out there with knowledge how retrieval of wake sources works and how to implicate lastwake/wake source results?

Regards

Some logs i have gathered:
    Code:
    Code:
    Hibernate...Wake on LAN 2015-09-26 15:59:48 -  Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]   Wake Source Count - 0   Standby...Wake on LAN 2015-09-26 16:14:57 -  Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]   Wake Source Count - 1   Wake Source [0]     Type: Device     Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A1&SUBSYS_85C41043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&C8     Friendly Name: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V     Description: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V     Manufacturer: Intel    Hibernate...Wake on Mouse or keyboard: 2015-09-26 13:13:13 -  Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]   Wake Source Count - 0   Standby...Wake on Mouse or keyboard: 2015-09-26 16:10:39 -  Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]   Wake Source Count - 1   Wake Source [0]     Type: Device     Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A1&SUBSYS_85C41043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&C8     Friendly Name: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V     Description: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V     Manufacturer: Intel    Hibernate...Wake on RecService timer: 2015-09-26 13:07:09 -  Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]   Wake Source Count - 1   Wake Source [0]     Type: Unknown (3)   Standby...Wake on RecService timer: 2015-09-26 16:22:23 -  Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]   Wake Source Count - 1   Wake Source [0]     Type: Wake Timer     Owner:    Hibernate...Wake on WOSB timer: 2015-09-26 13:02:16 -  Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]   Wake Source Count - 1   Wake Source [0]     Type: Unknown (3)      Standby...Wake on WOSB timer:     2015-09-26 16:18:38 -  Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]   Wake Source Count - 1   Wake Source [0]     Type: Wake Timer     Owner:

majstang, Feb 24, 2022
Thema:

Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

1. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings? - Similar Threads - Wake Source Unknown

2. Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF: When I put my computer on sleep mode, every maybe 2-3 hours, it wakes up on the lock screen, and it just sleeps again after a few minutes which is the Windows automatically sleeping after certain amount of time.Why does this happen even if the wake timers are set to off?...
  3. Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF: When I put my computer on sleep mode, every maybe 2-3 hours, it wakes up on the lock screen, and it just sleeps again after a few minutes which is the Windows automatically sleeping after certain amount of time.Why does this happen even if the wake timers are set to off?...
  4. Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  6. Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake Source Unknown: Wake Timer Settings?: I’m having an issue whereby after putting my PC to sleep it always wakes up after only 10-20 seconds. Within the Event Viewer the wake source is listed as unknown. Interestingly, when I put the PC back to sleep a second time it remains sound asleep until I actively wake it. I...
  7. Wake timers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake timers: Hey all, i was wondering about the wake timers in windows... my pc has been waking up in the middle of the night because of wake timers, and while i know how to disable them, i was wondering if there could be any adverse effects of doing this? The timers seem to be set by...
  8. Wake source unknown

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake source unknown: Hi forum hivemind, I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue with their labtop turn on while transported without a known cause. I've been to self help sites that have told me various solutions such as: Win 10: Command prompt/ powercfg -lastwake And it comes up with no...
  9. How do I set wake timers

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set wake timers: I have followed this process and Enabled the "Allow wake timers" in the Advanced Settings/Sleep" section, but I cannot see how to set an Awake Timer. I am wanting to set Sleep after one hour but to wake it up at midnight (say) in order for online backups, updates, etc to...
  10. wake source missing

in Windows 10 Support
    wake source missing: Hi! First post here. I was planning on doing a script that behaves differently depending on which wake source type waking up my system from hibernate. Im abled to differentiate between timer wake-up and mouse/keyboard wake-up, but not between mouse/keyboard and wake on magic...