Windows 10: Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

Discus and support Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert09H, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Robert09H Win User

Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.2 My device has no support for S1-S3. I disabled S0 state to stop the system entering this. So only Hibernate and Off is available.3 Task Scheduler and Wake Timers fail to trigger for the Hibernate S4 power state when there is no AC power. They work reliably when there is AC power.Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Robert09H, Nov 30, 2022
  2. No Jo Win User

Win 10 v1803 Fails To Wake Scheduled Jobs when Allow Wake Timers set to 'Important Wake Timers Only'

Next time the computer is manually woken from sleep the Task Scheduler reschedules jobs as if they had been run. Event code 153 'Missed Task Start Rejected'.

Setting 'Allow Wake Timers' in the Power Options to 'Enable' overcomes the problem, however it also allows other activities to wake the computer from sleep. v1709 considered a scheduled trigger as an 'Important Wake Timer'. A fix would be welcome.

No Jo, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Task Scheduler Utility

Anything you can run manually can be run from Task scheduler.

I do suggest that you check which power states your computer has because S0 Modern standby [aka S0 Low power idle] inhibits Task scheduler significantly.
    Code:
    If you have S0 then Task scheduler cannot run anything while in S0 i.e. while your display is off.

Denis

4. Anna Bon Win User

Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

Question about scheduled tasks waking the computer

Thank you for getting back to us Mariah. A wake timer is a timed event that wakes the PC from sleep and hibernate states at a specific time. For example, a task in Task Scheduler set with the "Wake the computer to run this task" check box is checked and
    enabled. To further isolate what is causing this one, let us perform some troubleshooting steps. The steps below will help you enable or disable wake timers to wake the computer in Windows 10.

1. Open the advanced power settings of a power plan you want to enable or disable wake timers for.

2. Expand open Sleep and Allow wake timers. Select
    Enable, Disable (default on battery), or
    Important Wake Timers
    Only (default plugged in) for what you want, and click/tap on
    OK.

We would also like to verify if the process below are the one's you exactly did to view your wake timers?

1. Open a
    command prompt

2. Type the command powercfg lastwake into the command prompt, and press Enter.

If yes, let us try to check it in Event Viewer. Here's how:

1. Open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc).

2. In the left pane of Event Viewer, open on Windows Logs and
    System, right click or press and hold on System and click/tap on
    Filter Current Log. (see screenshot below)

3. Check Power-Troubleshooter in the Event sources menu, click/tap on an empty area in the "Filter Current Log" dialog, and click/tap on
    OK

4. You can now click/tap on an event log in the middle pane of Event Viewer to see its
    wake source.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery - Similar Threads - Wake Timers Task

2. Wake On Lan and S0 power state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake On Lan and S0 power state: Hello everyone,I have been using WOL for many years. I had to change the PC now W11 Pro and now I can't Google any working solution. I followed many tutorials including this one. I found out the problem is the Modern Standby state S0. This is my powercfg -a.The following...
  3. Wake On Lan and S0 power state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake On Lan and S0 power state: Hello everyone,I have been using WOL for many years. I had to change the PC now W11 Pro and now I can't Google any working solution. I followed many tutorials including this one. I found out the problem is the Modern Standby state S0. This is my powercfg -a.The following...
  4. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  5. Task Scheduler is not triggering

Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  6. task scheduler trigger time

task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  7. Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery: After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.2 My device has no support for S1-S3. I...
  8. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  9. Task scheduler screenshot trigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler screenshot trigger?: So what event would you use for windows task scheduler if your trying to make it so everytime I take a rectangle screenshot with the snipping tool it automatically saves it to a folder? submitted by /u/Pacman042 [link] [comments]...
  10. Run a task in Task Scheduler only when the computer is on battery power.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a task in Task Scheduler only when the computer is on battery power.: I want Task Scheduler to run a task when on battery because my antivirus consumes a lot of battery, and if possible it would be nice it could do the opposite. It would reopen the antivirus with Task Scheduler when connected to AC....