Windows 10: Wake Up after I Shut it Down

Discus and support Wake Up after I Shut it Down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I'm facing a issue which my pc keeps wake up after I shut it down.I did all the available way suggested from the pros but none of it works :I even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JosephTey, May 30, 2021.

1. JosephTey Win User

Wake Up after I Shut it Down

Hi,I'm facing a issue which my pc keeps wake up after I shut it down.I did all the available way suggested from the pros but none of it works :I even Reset my computer but it still the same problem.

:)

JosephTey, May 30, 2021

2. waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 30, 2021
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 30, 2021
  4. Wake Up after I Shut it Down

Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Wake Up after I Shut it Down

1. Wake Up after I Shut it Down - Similar Threads - Wake Shut Down

2. Win 11 shuts down after sleeping 1-2 mins after waking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 shuts down after sleeping 1-2 mins after waking up.: My desktop gaming computer shuts down about 1-2 minutes after I wake it from sleeping. It's fine then won't restart unless I do a hard shutdown from power supply, wait a minute then turn it back on. It started about a week or so ago. Used to come back from sleeping fine with...
  3. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  4. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  5. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Shuts down internet when waking up/booting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shuts down internet when waking up/booting?: I've had a problem with my computer since I built it. Not 100% sure it's a windows issue but I don't know what else it could be: When waking up from sleep or when booting the computer, it completely shuts down my network, causing my router to have to reboot, which takes...
  7. My screen wont wake after shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screen wont wake after shut down.: My screen wont wake after shut down. I've tried windows+ctrl+shift+b, this works occasionally but not this time. I've hard reset and nothing still. Any ideas? Thanks...
  8. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  9. Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down: As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails while making a strange sound, then boots up again normally This has been bothering me for three weeks now, I have looked...
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it? 11121