Windows 10: wake up at 12am every night

Discus and support wake up at 12am every night in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my pc wakes up at 12 am every night, i have turned off all devices from device manager, looked at all the scheduled tasks and nothing worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ukgvjkfyhgc, Jul 29, 2020.

1. wake up at 12am every night

my pc wakes up at 12 am every night, i have turned off all devices from device manager, looked at all the scheduled tasks and nothing worked

:)

ukgvjkfyhgc, Jul 29, 2020
  2. -sCRIBe- Win User

Desktop powers on by itself every night

Every evening I SHUTDOWN, I do not sleep or hibernate. The next morning the computer is on. The system logs shows the power on happening at 12am everytime. I have tried all other solutions I can find but nothing works. I have checked or set the following
    and it still happens. This is driving me absolutely crazy.

UEFI Bios fastboot = disabled

Bios wake on lan = disabled

Windows wake on lan = disabled

power mgmt allow to turn off, wake up and magic packet all unchecked

task scheduler has nothing displayed

cmd > powercfg lastwake displays -0

power options > wake timers = disabled

automatic maintenance wake up computer is UN-checked

-sCRIBe-, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 desktop computer wakes up at the same time every day

Computer wakes up from sleep every day at 08:00 (give or take one minute) on it's own. Computer does not go back to sleep.

• Devices in device manager are not allowed to wake up (mice, keyboard).
    • No settings in BIOS/UEFI are set to wake computer.
    • powercfg /lastwake results are useless:
      • Wake History Count - 1
      • Wake History [0]
      • Wake Source Count - 0
    Any Ideas where to look for problem or find a solution?

Gustas Sagaitis, Jul 29, 2020
  4. wake up at 12am every night

Windows wakes up in the middle of the night

Since the Creators update my Windows PC wakes up in the middle of the night.

Before Creators update, I was able to keep my desktop asleep by disabling Wake Timers in Change advanced power settings -> Sleep, and by disabling Automatic Maintenance.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /waketimers

Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker) expires at 14:54:06 on 2017-11-15.

Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Why does UpdateOrchestrator set a wake timer when wake timers are disabled? How can I prevent my computer from waking me up in the middle of the night?

Wessel Troost, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

wake up at 12am every night

1. wake up at 12am every night - Similar Threads - wake 12am every

2. win update wakes me up at night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win update wakes me up at night: I usually put my pc into sleep mode before going to bed cause there're lots of things going there and I don't want to reopen everything in the morning. The problem is windows sometimes turns the pc on in the middle of the night to install updates. But since there's a...
  3. PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe: Hi everyone, New windows installation, the PC keeps waking in the middle of the night. I have done all the steps needed like disabling wake up timers in power settings, disabling power management on all devices, etc and everything else that there is on the net. powercfg...
  4. Night light is reset after wake up

Night light is reset after wake up: I have night light set up to turn on on the schedule. It works. I also have my screen turning off after 15 minutes of idle. The problem is the night light disappears after the screen is turned on. If I go to night light setting, it says it is turned on. If I turn it off and...
  5. UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night

UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night: Hello all, so first things first: My computer is up to date. So I've been wrestling with this problem for the past week. My computer will not stay asleep all night and wakes itself up every night. Really wouldn't be an issue except that it doesn't go back to sleep. It just...
  6. Laptop waking up from sleep at night

Laptop waking up from sleep at night: I tried following this post, but when I execute this command: powercfg/waketimers, I get a different result: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg/waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  7. Computer wakes up during the night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wakes up during the night: I have a problem in connection with Windows Update. An event called Universal Orchestrator Start wakes up my laptop during the night. I tried to edit it in the event scheduler, but it is asking for username and password I dont know. I would like to find out what my password...
  8. Computers wake up at night

Computers wake up at night: Right so, to start, it's windows update orchestrator that's waking it up. About fifty percent of the time I put my computers to sleep it'll wake them up at the dead of night and keep them at the lockscreen permanently until I shut the computer down. Multiple times during the...
  9. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night: I put my computer to sleep before going to bed, but the signon screen is brightly lit every morning. Furthermore, when I launch Windows Update, it never seems to finish searching for new updates. In searching for a cause of the waking, I have come across the following...
  10. Wake up during Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wake up during Night: How can I prevent the UpdateOrchestrator to wake up my computer at night? I already turned off all the other stuff that keeps waking up my computer but now they added a new task "Backup Scan" that keeps waking up the computer at intervals. I don't even have backup turned...