Windows 10: Wake up computer without using Power Button

Discus and support Wake up computer without using Power Button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and use a second monitor. The laptop remains closed on a tray under my desk. Is there a way to wake up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AlbertaTeale, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Wake up computer without using Power Button

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and use a second monitor. The laptop remains closed on a tray under my desk. Is there a way to wake up the computer without using the Power Button?

:)

AlbertaTeale, Jan 22, 2019

2. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

If your computer does not support Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI), the earlier steps may not be available. In this case, you have press the power button to wake the computer.

FreeBooter, Jan 22, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Wake up computer without using Power Button

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

I do not have that tab but can still wake it by pressing any key.

cereberus, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Wake up computer without using Power Button

1. Wake up computer without using Power Button - Similar Threads - Wake computer without

2. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  3. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  4. My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...: My desktop PC randomly wakes from sleep on its own after a few minutes or so. Referring back to this thread, I checked the powercfg log using "powercfg -lastwake" run as admin in powershell. Curiously, this reports back withWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source...
  5. My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC gets woken up by the power button, without pressing the power button...: My desktop PC randomly wakes from sleep on its own after a few minutes or so. Referring back to this thread, I checked the powercfg log using "powercfg -lastwake" run as admin in powershell. Curiously, this reports back withWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source...
  6. Hibernation Wake With Power Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation Wake With Power Button: So I often use the hibernation feature over the sleep feature, and I've had a small problem. Whenever I try to use hibernation on my desktop, it wakes on any mouse movement. This leads to it almost always randomly turning back on while I'm in bed or something. On my laptop I...
  7. Computer used to wake on key or mouse; now needs power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer used to wake on key or mouse; now needs power button: I posted a long thread last month, about a PC that had a very slow wifi connection. A new card fixed that. Since I got it back from the shop though - and I believe all they did was replace the wireless card - I've no longer been able to wake the computer from sleep by...
  8. Asus Laptop Wakes Without Input, Says "Power Button" Cause Of Wake

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Laptop Wakes Without Input, Says "Power Button" Cause Of Wake: My new Asus K571GT wakes from sleep without being told, even with the lid open. Sometimes within minutes, sometimes within hours. I've had it for less than a month, and this issue has been occurring for at least two weeks. I have no peripherals plugged in. My computer is not...
  9. Start-up using power button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up using power button: Windows 10. I have an external monitor for my laptop. How can I start-up the laptop (external monitor only) with the power button while keeping the laptop screen closed?...
  10. Windows 10 Wake Up From Sleep Without Power Button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Wake Up From Sleep Without Power Button?: My power button is currently broken. Is there a way to have a keyboard or mouse input wake up the computer instead? Thanks! 99208

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wake up sleeping laptop without power button

2. how to wake up notebook without power button

3. wake up laptop without power button

4. have to use power button to wake computer even tho keyboard is ticked win 10,
  5. wake laptop without using power button,
  6. wake up computer only with power button,
  7. how to wake up laptop using power button,
  8. power button to wake up the pc,
  9. windows wake computer power button,
  10. how to wake up windows 10 computer wihtout touching power key