Windows 10: Wake up computer

Discus and support Wake up computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Why can't I wake up my laptop by pressing any keys on my keyboard? Dennis... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DennisTan2, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Wake up computer

Hi,

Why can't I wake up my laptop by pressing any keys on my keyboard?

Dennis

:)

DennisTan2, Oct 31, 2019

2. waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 31, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Wake up computer

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Wake up computer

1. Wake up computer - Similar Threads - Wake computer

2. My computer wakes itself from both sleep and hibernation about 3 seconds after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer wakes itself from both sleep and hibernation about 3 seconds after shutdown.: The only way I found to stop this, is to cut the power for a while, immediately after the fans stop, and when the power is given again, it won't wake itself up, and only pressing the power button will start it the target here.I hibernated, and ran the commands that I saw on...
  3. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  4. Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge ALWAYS opens itself when I wake my computer up from sleep. NOT when I power...: I have "windows spotlight" turned off and I have rigorously checked the setting of the edge browser as well as the settings on my computer which is currently running windows 11. I use Firefox and have ZERO INTEREST in using edge for anything....
  5. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  6. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  7. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  8. wake up computer when is power off

wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  9. I get a blue screen error when my computer wakes from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a blue screen error when my computer wakes from sleep mode.: Whenever I wake from sleep mode, my computer bluescreens with an error and a QR code, but it goes away too fast for me to read it. It says something along the lines of having encountered an error and needs to restart. Also, when it wakes from hibernate, the computer freezes...
  10. I get a blue screen error when my computer wakes from sleep mode.

I get a blue screen error when my computer wakes from sleep mode.: Whenever I wake from sleep mode, my computer bluescreens with an error and a QR code, but it goes away too fast for me to read it. It says something along the lines of having encountered an error and needs to restart. Also, when it wakes from hibernate, the computer freezes...