Windows 10: Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

Discus and support Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I open the lid on my laptop the lights all come on but then it takes 1 - 2 minutes for the desktop to appear. Just a black screen. I have it set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mcrigo, Aug 20, 2015.

1. mcrigo Win User

Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

When I open the lid on my laptop the lights all come on but then it takes 1 - 2 minutes for the desktop to appear.
    Just a black screen. I have it set to sleep when the lid closes. I did a factory install recovery and then put on Windows 10.

I have checked all the drivers and they are up to date. Have tried changing it to Hibernate and it does the same thing.
    Ran the HP program to check for updates and everything is up to date there also.

With windows 7 it would take like 2 - 3 seconds to display.

PC is HP Pavillion dv7

Any suggestions?

:)

mcrigo, Aug 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 desktop computer wakes up at the same time every day

Computer wakes up from sleep every day at 08:00 (give or take one minute) on it's own. Computer does not go back to sleep.

• Devices in device manager are not allowed to wake up (mice, keyboard).
    • No settings in BIOS/UEFI are set to wake computer.
    • powercfg /lastwake results are useless:
      • Wake History Count - 1
      • Wake History [0]
      • Wake Source Count - 0
    Any Ideas where to look for problem or find a solution?

Gustas Sagaitis, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Rolo42 Win User
    Bitlocker with eDrive results in system not waking from sleep

True that when my car enters limp mode, it "works" (up to 20 mph) but it isn't "fixed".

Before the anniversary update, it took < 2 secs to go to sleep. Now it takes 1 minute and 48 seconds to sleep (< 5 secs disk activity + 103 seconds of a solid disk LED).

It wakes immediately without hanging--wake is fixed, sleep is still broken and still unusable.

Rolo42, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

Just came to say - EXACTLY the same laptop, exactly the same problem !

What I already tried :
    1. Update Intel HD Graphics driver via Device Manager
    2. Use older driver by Intel
    3. Disable hibernation

Any other tips, please ?

Note : When I wake up right after putting laptop to sleep, the screen wakes up instantly. Weird.

erasermusic, Sep 1, 2015
  5. erasermusic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

1. Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes - Similar Threads - Wake sleep taking

2. Blue screen issue for 1-2 seconds after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen issue for 1-2 seconds after waking up from sleep: Model: DELL G3 3500 Windows 10I have recently changed my laptop screen, and after a while using laptop. After my screen goes sleep, I have found there was some slight delay in response to get the screen to enter my password during the delay time there was blue screen. Can...
  3. Blue screen issue for 1-2 seconds after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen issue for 1-2 seconds after waking up from sleep: Model: DELL G3 3500 Windows 10I have recently changed my laptop screen, and after a while using laptop. After my screen goes sleep, I have found there was some slight delay in response to get the screen to enter my password during the delay time there was blue screen. Can...
  4. Blue screen issue for 1-2 seconds after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. wake up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wake up from sleep?: I can't wake up my computer from sleep be clicking the mouse or using the keyboard. I have tried everything and all the settings in device manager are set the same as my other computer and that one works fine....
  6. Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

Computer takes time to wake up from sleep: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...
  7. Wake up from sleep

Wake up from sleep: Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/c338a9d8-9ad1-4408-ac39-f86c54be1119
  8. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  9. Wake up from sleep

Wake up from sleep: Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/98c1ef70-18db-42b8-84c2-8c43d679e85b
  10. BSOD within 5 minutes of waking up Windows from sleep

BSOD within 5 minutes of waking up Windows from sleep: I get a BSOD whenever I come back to my computer and wake it up. But if I haven't let the computer go to sleep it keeps going as long as I have been able to observe. The BSOD message/error code isn't consistent. Note: Video drivers are tricky cause AMD stopped supporting...