Windows 10: Wake up from sleep

Discus and support Wake up from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeithLHart, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Wake up from sleep

Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'.

:)

KeithLHart, Feb 12, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 12, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Wake up from sleep

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Wake up from sleep

1. Wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - Wake sleep

2. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  3. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  4. Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]: My computer cannot wake up from sleep. Everything is up to date, clean installation of Windows 11 23h2.Here is for the log from event viewer when it happens computer sleep: event viewer logand here is the system configuration: System AMD 3700x...
  5. Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]

Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]: My computer cannot wake up from sleep. Everything is up to date, clean installation of Windows 11 23h2.Here is for the log from event viewer when it happens computer sleep: event viewer logand here is the system configuration: System AMD 3700x...
  6. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  7. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  8. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  9. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!: After I updated my windows 10 cumulative update, display driver and some other network drivers a few days ago, I faced this problem which is annoying a lot. I put my laptop on sleep and after a couple of minutes I opened the lid of it and started a timer waiting for display...
  10. Recently when my laptop wakes up from sleep, the display takes 4 to 5 minutes to turn on!