Windows 10: Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down

Discus and support Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Guys, is there a way to wake up a laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate mode or off? submitted by /u/ZestycloseServe94... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZestycloseServe94, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down

Hi Guys, is there a way to wake up a laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate mode or off?

submitted by /u/ZestycloseServe94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZestycloseServe94, Mar 31, 2021

2. Keyboard/mouse now wakes my computer from hibernate

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of hibernation was that it can only be turned back on by pressing the power button and couldn't be woken up by mouse/keyboard. My old computer and my laptop acts this way. I've just built a new computer and
    noticed that it wakes from hibernation from both the keyboard and mouse. Is this a new feature? If so, is there a way to undo this?

I thought perhaps the issue was with hybrid sleep being selected, but I turned it off and it still wakes from hibernation so that wasn't it. USB selective suspending is also enabled so when it's in hibernation, it should be suspending my keyboard/mouse
    but apparently it's still monitoring those signals.

I don't want to un-check "allow this device to wake the computer" because I still want to be able to wake my computer from sleep using my mouse/keyboard. But when I'm in hibernation, I want it to act like it's off and ignore mouse/keyboard inputs. There
    should be a way to do this, right? This was how my old computer acted so I would hope so...

dfvx990mq321pl, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but
    for some reason when i move my mouse it wakes it up...

when its in sleep id expect that mouse/keyboard signals to wake it up but when i hibernate id expect it to be a requirement for me to press the power button to start it again...

only noticeable difference between them is that the power button blinks when its in sleep mode and in hibernate it shows the initial screen with the F2 for bios thing... no other noticeable changes...

does anyone know why it acts this way? from memory it went into hibernate and required the power button to be hit but not sure

EDIT: just for usefulness: im on an acer pc (not laptop) and bios mode is uefi

EDIT 2: fixing it means that sleep doesnt get affected (aka still wakes up by external source like mouse movement) while hibernate does (not waking up by external changes other than hitting the power button) as both options are useful for me

NuclearSlayer52, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Pards-31 Win User

Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down

Windows 10 | External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

I'm using an Acer Laptop with Windows 10 v1909 (OS Build 18363.720). My issue is whenever I put my laptop in Hibernate, the external USB Keyboard (A4Tech) will stop working. The External USB Mouse works fine but not the keyboard and I can replicate this
    issue every time I put the laptop on Hibernate. I have tried re-installing the USB port driver and Keyboard (HID Keyboard Device) driver and make sure the power management option "Allow this device to wake the computer" is ticked. This issue happens even if
    I am using other USB ports. I have another identical laptop and this issue is not happening there. When restarting the PC or putting it on sleep, I cannot replicate the issue, it's just when I put it on Hibernate. Any other steps that you may recommend?

Pards-31, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down

1. Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down - Similar Threads - Wake laptop external

2. External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop: Hello,I have a problem regarding sleep state on my laptop. I am using laptop in docking setup and have external mouse and keyboard. I want to put laptop to sleep state when I am now working. I disabled keyboard and mouse to be able to wake it up. To be exact I do not have any...
  3. External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop: Hello,I have a problem regarding sleep state on my laptop. I am using laptop in docking setup and have external mouse and keyboard. I want to put laptop to sleep state when I am now working. I disabled keyboard and mouse to be able to wake it up. To be exact I do not have any...
  4. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard: Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make...
  5. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard: Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make...
  6. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help wake up computer from shut down using keyboard and mouse: I am new to this subreddit. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Home that I have connected to an external monitor, SteelSeries mechanical keyboard, and Logitech gaming mouse. I am trying to figure out how to turn on the pc using the keyboard and the mouse. I have...
  8. how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse: HI, i do use hibernation option instead of sleep to conserve battery life is there away to wake up from keyboard or mouse in normal sleep PC woke up easily from any mouse click or keyboard...
  9. System wakes from hibernation but boots up as if totally shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    System wakes from hibernation but boots up as if totally shut down: I hope I'm explaining this problem clearly. Hibernation doesn't seem to be working correctly on my system. The problem has been going on for at least a month, maybe longer, maybe since I upgraded to 1909. I need help in interpreting the error message and fixing the problem....
  10. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when hibernate laptop its turn on with mouse