Windows 10: Waking from sleep

Discus and support Waking from sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I put the computer into sleep mode and then wake it up, it says no contact with the monitor after I turn on the monitor. I then have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeClarke-2, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Waking from sleep

Every time I put the computer into sleep mode and then wake it up, it says no contact with the monitor after I turn on the monitor. I then have to leave the monitor on and put the computer to sleep via the keyboard and wake it up, it then sees and connects with the monitor. This has only just started to happen after the last Windows update. If I turn off the computer and then start it up there is no problem.

:)

GeorgeClarke-2, Mar 3, 2021

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 3, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Waking from sleep

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Waking from sleep

1. Waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Waking sleep

2. Lenovo C32qc-20 Monitors and Surface2 Laptop & dock cannot wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo C32qc-20 Monitors and Surface2 Laptop & dock cannot wake from sleep: thanks in advance for any guidance. I have a Surface2 Laptop which used to work perfectly with 2x Dell 24" monitors. I upgraded to 2x Lenovo C32qcc-20 monitors and now - if I let the monitors go to sleep they will not wake up without a lot of finagling. I tried many if...
  3. Windows 10 19042.867 Does Not Properly Wake From Sleep

Windows 10 19042.867 Does Not Properly Wake From Sleep: I've had this issue for about one year now. I'm currently on Windows 10 version 19042.867. When entering the system in to sleep mode, I am not able to properly wake the system. When powering back on from sleep, the display and hard disc never turn on, however my case fans...
  4. Windows refused to wake up from sleep and get driver_power_state_failure from ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows refused to wake up from sleep and get driver_power_state_failure from ntoskrnl.exe: Since yesterday, whenever my laptop went to sleep, it wont wake up. Just black screen for some time and then shows the logo screen as if i restarted my laptop. The thing is it's only like this when it goes to sleep from inactivity, not if i close my laptop or push the power...
  5. Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off

Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off: When pressing keyboard or mouse to wake from sleep as Ihave thousands of times in the past my case fans and lights turn on, keyboardand mouse lights turn on momentarily but screen remains black and keyboardand mouse lights immediately turn off. None of the peripherals work...
  6. BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update

BSOD when PC wakes from sleep after windows update: Hello! I have an MSI GE65 Raider 9SE Laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. However, everything was going smoothly until I updated Windows to the latest version. Now, whenever I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up, it wakes up with a blue screen of death saying...
  7. Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep

Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep: As of a few days ago, Windows stopped asking me for a password when the computer wakes up from sleep. Basically, I leave my computer and it times out, goes to sleep, and then when I press a key or click the mouse it no longer asks me for my password. How do I fix this?...
  8. Laptop immediately wakes from sleep when connected to external monitor, or if lid is not closed

Laptop immediately wakes from sleep when connected to external monitor, or if lid is not closed: I have an Asus ZenBook UX434, and I also use an external monitor, connected through HDMI. With a monitor connected, when I close the laptop lid, it sleeps for a few seconds, and then turns back on and shows the lock screen on my external monitor. If I disconnect the...
  9. System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile

System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile: System doesn't want to fully wake from sleep after it's slept awhile - wakes fine if woken immediately. So, as the title says, I have an issue where my system will not fully wake up if left alone for an hour or so, this is what happens: Mouse gets power but no response that...
  10. Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.

Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.: Hi, I've a brand new Windows 10 laptop Dell I'm looking for a way to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep. I'm read some articles on the same, which are suggesting to navigate to device manager and then use the Power Management tab to disable this...