Windows 10: Waking in the middle of the night

Discus and support Waking in the middle of the night in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I built my PC about a year ago and as of recent the thing has been waking in the middle of the night from sleep and just blasting my room full of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LAG3N, Jul 17, 2020.

1. /u/LAG3N Win User

Waking in the middle of the night

So I built my PC about a year ago and as of recent the thing has been waking in the middle of the night from sleep and just blasting my room full of light. I don't know what is causing it but when i run powercfg -last wake it talks about a systemEventsBroker and UpdateOrchestrator. I would really love to know if anyone has fixed a similar problem in the past or knows how to fix this. thanks so much for any help

submitted by /u/LAG3N
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LAG3N, Jul 17, 2020

2. Windows wakes up in the middle of the night

Since the Creators update my Windows PC wakes up in the middle of the night.

Before Creators update, I was able to keep my desktop asleep by disabling Wake Timers in Change advanced power settings -> Sleep, and by disabling Automatic Maintenance.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /waketimers

Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker) expires at 14:54:06 on 2017-11-15.

Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Why does UpdateOrchestrator set a wake timer when wake timers are disabled? How can I prevent my computer from waking me up in the middle of the night?

Wessel Troost, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Windows wakes up in the middle of the night

Hi Summit, the task UpdateOrchestrator -> Reboot is disabled now. Windows will silently re-enable it at some point, so this doesn't prevent Windows from waking up in the middle of the night. Regards, Wessel

Wessel Troost, Jul 17, 2020
  4. n_cool Win User

Windows 10 Wakes from Sleep in the Middle of the night

My Computer randomly wakes up from sleep in the middle of the night (3:30AM). I have checked the event logs and it says

Waking in the middle of the night 5ed84023-8a24-405c-b3bb-c3d547c819a1.png

I have no clue why its doing this but it has been doing it for the past 3 nights.

n_cool, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Waking in the middle of the night - Similar Threads - Waking middle night

2. a usb device keeps waking my pc up in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a usb device keeps waking my pc up in the middle of the night: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: USB\VID_320F&PID_502A\6&a806194&0&2 Friendly Name: Description: USB Composite Device Manufacturer: Standard USB Host Controlleri did powercfg -lastwake and this popped...
  3. a usb device keeps waking my pc up in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a usb device keeps waking my pc up in the middle of the night: Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: USB\VID_320F&PID_502A\6&a806194&0&2 Friendly Name: Description: USB Composite Device Manufacturer: Standard USB Host Controlleri did powercfg -lastwake and this popped...
  4. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  5. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  6. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe: Hi everyone, New windows installation, the PC keeps waking in the middle of the night. I have done all the steps needed like disabling wake up timers in power settings, disabling power management on all devices, etc and everything else that there is on the net. powercfg...
  8. Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT: hi, yesterday i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to turn over on to my other side, but then i noticed my laptop had just started turning itself on. I'm very sure I put it into shutdown that evening. and my monitor was turned off too. It didn't connect to the...
  9. Laptop wakes from sleep in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop wakes from sleep in the middle of the night: [ATTACH] My battery settings are mostly default, and I noticed that if I leave the notebook in sleep in the night it automatically wakes at some times. This definitely has to do with hibernation, which I changed to 120 and increased the frequency of the wake-ups....
  10. Windows Update waking computer in the middle of the night. [I'm pissed off]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update waking computer in the middle of the night. [I'm pissed off]: Hello All, This thread might get deleted by Microsoft because it goes against their REALLY ANNOYING update policies. So, the date is 12 March 2020, time, around 2 AM. I put my computer to sleep and go to bed... a few minutes after that, my computer automatically wakes up...