Windows 10: Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off

Discus and support Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Since 15 days i am facing issue in waking up of my laptop after sleep mode.Even after pressing any key computer not waking up.I have switch off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mukesh Samantaray, May 10, 2019.

1. Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off

Hi,

Since 15 days i am facing issue in waking up of my laptop after sleep mode.Even after pressing any key computer not waking up.I have switch off laptop and have to switch it on again. Further after shut down my power led also not switching off.

I have tried all options available in various websites like device manager setting, Power option and command prompt hibernate option etc.

I am using HP Pavilion 14 (S.l. No-5CD432793H) with Windows 10 O.S.

Please help.

:)

Mukesh Samantaray, May 10, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 10, 2019
  3. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, May 10, 2019
  4. Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off

1. Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off - Similar Threads - Waking Issue Power

2. Power Off issues.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Off issues.: Hey, I started to have a problem with my windows 10. When ever i shutdown my laptop the screen goes black (like it used to ) but now i can see the power light is still on and the fan is still running.... I waited for a few minutes but the power wont shutdown.. Any one have...
  3. Windows 10 power off issues.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 power off issues.: Hello, I have an older HP Pavilion desktop, model p7-1108p to be exact, which I purchased back in 2011 and it came pre-loaded with Windows 7. Recently, due to a hard drive failure I upgraded the hard drive and installed Windows 10 pro on my computer. After the...
  4. Laptop abruptly turning off anytime after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop abruptly turning off anytime after waking up from sleep: I have a Dell Laptop. Model: LATITUDE E6540 Core i7 - 4th Generation 8GB RAM 500 GB Harddrive Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics card AMD Radeon HD 8790M graphics card Direct X 12 Windows 10 Here is the problem description: Whenever I put my laptop on sleep mode for...
  5. Power setting turn off Intel speedstep

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turn off Intel speedstep: Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off. Can a Windows 10 power setting turn speedstep off in bios? Ver 1803, Dell laptop, >my usage does not stress the laptop<. Task Manager & CPU-z both show 2.5 g for speed HWINFO shows temp as around 45c 112800
  6. Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off: I have an Intel NUC Skull Canyon (great device). However, I have one constant problem that I cannot seem to solve. Whenever the display turns off to power savings mode (Note: I have sleep disabled for the OS, but have monitor set to turn off after 15 minutes), the display...
  7. Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF: Hi all, I have two 4TB Seagate Backup Plus drives, I sat the drives to go to sleep after 3 min in Seagate Dashboard program, the drives do go to sleep but the LED lights won't turn off, they are always on? But if the same drives are connected to my iMac, they goes to...
  8. WiFi turned off issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turned off issue: Hello, I'm recently experiencing issues with my Dell Inspiron 15 7559. I have an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter and, ever since yesterday, it stopped working completely. When I click on the wifi button in the taskbar it says the WiFi is "Turned off". However,...
  9. Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off: ....on supported phones only..... 51220
  10. Turn off/ Wake up problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off/ Wake up problems: Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..) Problems: 1.I find fbl_impressive (build 10049) when I am looking for updates but an error is showed - 0x80246017 *Sleepy (I know build 10049 is...