Windows 10: Waking up to a green screen

Discus and support Waking up to a green screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by robertwheeler6, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Waking up to a green screen

I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I close all the apps I do not get a green screen.My research has suggested that windows green screened because some app was not play nice.Device name DESKTOP-V5GAQ05 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID redactedProduct ID redactedSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 10 Pro Version

:)

robertwheeler6, Apr 21, 2022

2. Green screen

Hi Nancy,

The issue you are experiencing may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• What were you doing when you encountered the green screen?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you also getting any error messages when experiencing the green screen? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Apr 21, 2022
  3. green screens

Since I upgraded to windows 10. I'm getting green screens on IE, Firefox, Microsoft edge videos and on some movie apps. But not on Google Chrome.I have tried all the community step by step suggestive, instructions. But the problem is still there. I understood
    that Microsoft is having some issues with windows 10. Is that a fact? .

anthonypopwell, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Waking up to a green screen

Green & Pink screen

Hi Darius,

To assist you with you concern, we suggest that you refer to the post of Swetha Sree on the thread link below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

Waking up to a green screen

1. Waking up to a green screen - Similar Threads - Waking green screen

2. black screen on wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen on wake up: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo ideapad gaming with 16GB RAM and nvidia GeForce graphics. It is operating on Windows 10. I am on the default balanced power plan. Shortly after one of my coolers stopped functioning, my laptop suddenly stopped going to sleep after inactivity, but...
  3. PC wakes with green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC wakes with green screen: My PC is off with running apps in the background and when I wake it up it will show green screen however when I closed all the apps it will not show the green screen. I have IntelR CoreTM i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz. Windows 10 Home....
  4. PC wakes with green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes with green screen: My PC is off with running apps in the background and when I wake it up it will show green screen however when I closed all the apps it will not show the green screen. I have IntelR CoreTM i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz. Windows 10 Home....
  5. PC wakes with green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Waking up to a green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking up to a green screen: I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I close all the apps I do not get a green screen.My research has suggested that windows green screened because some app was not...
  7. Waking up to a green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking up to a green screen: I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I close all the apps I do not get a green screen.My research has suggested that windows green screened because some app was not...
  8. Black screen on wake-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on wake-up: I've recently started having an issue where I get no signal to my monitor exclusively when I wake my PC up from sleep mode.It first happened about 2 days ago, which was quite a scare, because I thought my GPU had died, but after shutting down and booting from being fully off,...
  9. Slow screen wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow screen wake up: so recently i noticed something weird with my laptop. when i try to wake the screen from screen timeout it take a long time to respond, it show black screen for like 10-20 sec and then go to main screen. My laptop is ROG gl553vd i put my windows on m.2, 16gb of ram. with m.2...
  10. Glitchy screen on wake-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Glitchy screen on wake-up: [ATTACH] Anyone else experience this before? It happens almost every time my laptop screen goes to sleep when I walk away and come back to wake it up and see this. It doesn't seem to affect anything as far as I can tell, and clears away slowly in bits as I move my cursor...