Windows 10: Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in

Discus and support Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Waking up Windows when USB is plugged in [TL;DR: Can’t wake computer using mouse, keyboard on Wake on Power/AC, tried with Task Scheduler reacting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LostApe1, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in

Waking up Windows when USB is plugged in

[TL;DR: Can’t wake computer using mouse, keyboard on Wake on Power/AC, tried with Task Scheduler reacting to USB plug-in event, didn’t wake up even though it ran the task]

Hello,

I have a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro that I frequently use with the lid closed connected to a monitor.

I want to be able to wake it up with the lid closed, however, I use the MX Keys and MX Master (both bluetooth), so I can’t wake it up using the option to wake up with keyboard/mouse.

And my BIOS doesn’t have any Wake On Power option, at least that I found.

So I was trying to get the computer to wake up when a USB is plugged in. I managed to find a way to log the USB plug in event using the Event Viewer (DriverFrameworks-UserMode) and using the event id, react to it using the Task Scheduler with an event trigger, with the “wake option” checked.

However, even though the event is logged and the task runs, the computer doesn’t want to wake up, even with the battery plan option to allow wake on timers.

Any help/suggestions?

submitted by /u/LostApe1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LostApe1, Dec 14, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Waking Laptop When USB-C Monitor is plugged in

Set-up: Dell XPS 13 9370, LG 27UD88-W, Surface keyboard and logitech Mx2 anywhere mouse.

I'd like my laptop to wake from sleep when I plug it into my monitor. I use a USB-C cable. It seems like this would be a pretty standard feature. I need to open the laptop, wake it from sleep, plug it into the monitor and close the lid.

I've searched around and haven't been able to find solutions. Is this for the laptop to wake from sleep when I plug it in?

Thank you to anyone who can help!

KRACK A TAC, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Stevveee Win User

Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in

Desktop won't wake up from hibernation with USB devices plugged in

I tried searching this issue but couldn't find any solutions. For some reason my desktop won't wake up from hibernation unless all the USB devices are unplugged. Never had this problem before Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Stevveee, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in

1. Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in - Similar Threads - Waking USB plugged

2. Windows 11 computer saying USB headset not plugged in when it is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 computer saying USB headset not plugged in when it is plugged in: my USB Headset is plugged in but my Windows 11 PC can't see it at all, it works on all other devices except this one, at first it connected, but then it would only connect once in a while and now it doesn't detect my USB headset at allbelow is a picture...it doesn't show any...
  3. Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malfunctioning applications when a USB is plugged in.: I have a Brand New Dell Vostro 3510 which I've set up using Windows 11. When my headset or even the internet cable is connected to my computer, it somehow malfunctions the applications that are opened. The applications begin to freeze Would someone know the solution to this?...
  4. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  5. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  6. USB restarts when headphones are plugged in

USB restarts when headphones are plugged in: Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x processor EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU Corsair 550x PSU intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think? Samsung SSD, and also a 7200...
  7. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE when plugging in USB: Hello everyone, I just tried to connect my external portable HDD which I use almost every week and it just gave me a blue screen with this stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I waited until my PC restarted and I tried again, same thing did sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r...
  8. Waking Laptop When USB-C Monitor is plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking Laptop When USB-C Monitor is plugged in: Set-up: Dell XPS 13 9370, LG 27UD88-W, Surface keyboard and logitech Mx2 anywhere mouse. I'd like my laptop to wake from sleep when I plug it into my monitor. I use a USB-C cable. It seems like this would be a pretty standard feature. I need to open the laptop, wake it from...
  9. USB not recognised message constantly popping up even when nothing is plugged in to USB

USB not recognised message constantly popping up even when nothing is plugged in to USB: Every second I get the USB not recognized error message, but nothing is plugged in. Its very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-not-recognised-message-constantly-popping-up/ef668ca5-d6c4-4bd9-9450-3383eab97d55
  10. Desktop won't wake up from hibernation with USB devices plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop won't wake up from hibernation with USB devices plugged in: I tried searching this issue but couldn't find any solutions. For some reason my desktop won't wake up from hibernation unless all the USB devices are unplugged. Never had this problem before Windows 10. Any suggestions? 51418