Windows 10: Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port

Discus and support Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All! Hi I have a powered CalDigit T3+ Hub plugged into the Thunderbolt port of an Intel NUC9i9QNX with a Thunderbolt cable. When the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Matt Volatile, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port

Hi All!

Hi I have a powered CalDigit T3+ Hub plugged into the Thunderbolt port of an Intel NUC9i9QNX with a Thunderbolt cable.

When the computer Windows 10 goes into sleep mode, the blue light on the dock goes off, and the keyboard plugged into it is unable to wake the computer up.

I have adjusted all the "Allow Wake" settings in Device Manager where possible; manually adjusted the pwrcfg settings to ensure every USB device is on the wake list, turned off USB Suspend settings in the power plan, and checked the BIOS to ensure that Wake from Thunderbolt is enabled. No difference!

The keyboard wakes the device when plugged into the machine directly, and a secondary keyboard plugged in directly at the same time also works, but I simply cannot get any inputs passed through the hub whilst the machine is in Sleep mode.

Is there a way I can ensure that a keyboard plugged into the hub will send a wake command?

Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port 5e88d38f-cb16-45ed-960e-1f8ad6a5dbbf?upload=true.jpg

Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port a69842ab-e1b8-40d6-8776-f62d96a2a5a4?upload=true.jpg

Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port 42d5867e-1022-4540-b203-318c32847f0a?upload=true.jpg

Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port 63374115-04b2-48df-a940-23f1279de534?upload=true.jpg

:)

Matt Volatile, Sep 17, 2020

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Thunderbolt 3 port will not output after Creators Update (15063.540)

Machine is an MSI GT73VR Titan Pro 4K laptop. Updated to the Creator's Update recently and updated my Nvidia graphics drivers, Dragon Center, SCM, Thunderbolt 3 drivers, etc. The Thunderbolt 3 display port no longer functions when trying to project my
    laptop to my 4K TV.

HDMI port works but is unacceptable for projecting due to not allowing 4K 60FPS. Rolled back the OS to before the Creators Update, and the Thunderbolt 3 port works as intended, same cables and TV connected. Updated again to the Creators Update a week later
    to try and troubleshoot the problem to no avail.

What occurs: plug in the adapter into the Thunderbolt 3 port on the back of the laptop, Windows 10 makes the sound as if it is discovering a new device, laptop screen goes blank, no display is shown on the 4K TV. Inputs on the keyboard and mouse do nothing.
    Unplug the adapter to the TV, laptop screen remains blank, no inputs on the keyboard and mouse work. The machine requires a hard reboot to have any display or allow inputs.

Any thoughts?

Raymond Kilway, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port

Samsung T5 is not getting recognized in a non Thunderbolt 3 USB C Port

I got a T5 SSD, it works really well with standard USB 3.1 Type A port but its not getting recognized with Type C port on my Laptop. My laptop doesn't support Thunderbolt 3. Any suggestions. I use a
    Zephyrus M GU502GU.

Soumya Satpathy, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port

1. Waking via keyboard plugged into Thunderbolt 3 Port - Similar Threads - Waking via keyboard

2. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  3. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  4. PC to Mac via Thunderbolt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC to Mac via Thunderbolt: I have a Dell Windows PC running Windows 11 that I am using to remote control a Mac Mini M1. This works fine over wireless or ethernet. I am trying to get it to work using thunderbolt. I have the correct cable connecting the devices and as far as I can tell both devices...
  5. thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11: i have a rog headphone with a usb c connector and it worked fine with my laptop for almost a year but it stopped working today. when i connect the headphone to my laptop, it does nothing. it doesnt even show up on my sound setting.i tried the headphone with my other laptop...
  6. thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    thunderbolt 3 port not working windows 11: i have a rog headphone with a usb c connector and it worked fine with my laptop for almost a year but it stopped working today. when i connect the headphone to my laptop, it does nothing. it doesnt even show up on my sound setting.i tried the headphone with my other laptop...
  7. Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to display port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to display port: Hello random willing stranger Today I bought a new usb-c to displayport cable to properly connect my computer to an external monitor because it was time for a new connection cable and I wanted to exploit the thunderbolt supported usb-c port on my laptop and get some lower...
  8. Adaptor for type C Thunderbolt 3 port to connect to USB 3.0

Adaptor for type C Thunderbolt 3 port to connect to USB 3.0: Windows Version 1909 I don't know the right terminology. My new Dell laptop has a type-c thunderbolt 3 port. I'm looking for an adapter so that I can connect an external hard drive that has a USB 3.0 connector. I've looked around but I'm not 100% sure if I will be getting...
  9. How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...: I have a Lenovo yoga 920 running windows 10, with no HDMI or DisplayPort. I have an apple thunderbolt 3 male/thunderbolt 2 female, adapter. Then I have an old Displayport to HDMI cable. (FYI: thunderbolt 2 and display port used the same connector) When I plug all this...
  10. USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI

USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI: Good day all, I have two Windows 10 laptops, a mid-2019 Razer Blade 15" base model, and a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" running Boot Camp. I am having issues with the USB ports on a CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 mini-dock with dual HDMI on both computers. When I have the mini-dock plugged...