Windows 10: Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app

Discus and support Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At first I thought this is only about Spotlight, because it also doesn't work properly, it stuck; but this is bigger than this. Settings app won't show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dwengs, Nov 24, 2020.

1. dwengs Win User

Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app

At first I thought this is only about Spotlight, because it also doesn't work properly, it stuck; but this is bigger than this. Settings app won't show the Wallpaper and Lock screen previews and also, Spotlight is stuck.
    I tried everything I found on the internet,

• I've created a new account and it also got this problem
    • system scans, sfc - no luck
    • resetting settings app a few times
    • remove default image / settings files from system folders with guides (adding .bak etc.)
    • re-enabling Spotlight via some code on Powershell (even I do not think is is only about spotlight) didn't solve
    I was an insider, so I enabled insider updates and got the latest update and problem still exists. ( v2004 - Build 20257.1 )

Anyone know something different?

Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app [​IMG]

:)

dwengs, Nov 24, 2020
  2. dwengs Win User

At first I thought this is only about Spotlight, because it also doesn't work properly, it stuck; but this is bigger than this. Settings app won't show the Wallpaper and Lock screen previews and also, Spotlight is stuck.
    I tried everything I found on the internet,

• I've created a new account and it also got this problem
    • system scans, sfc - no luck
    • resetting settings app a few times
    • remove default image / settings files from system folders with guides (adding .bak etc.)
    • re-enabling Spotlight via some code on Powershell (even I do not think is is only about spotlight) didn't solve
    I was an insider, so I enabled insider updates and got the latest update and problem still exists. ( v2004 - Build 20257.1 )

Anyone know something different?

dwengs, Nov 24, 2020
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app

lock screen wallpaper

Hi,

I set a wallpaper on my lock screen by mistake. But I want to get back the windows feature of automatic slideshow of lock screen wallpaper.Before I set the wallpaper, Windows always set a new lock screen wallpaper automatically in about 2-4 days, but when
    I set a new lock screen wallpaper, this feature disappeared. I want to remove my permanent lock sreen wallpaper and want that feature of windows back.

Please help me on this issue,

I will be really grateful to you.

NirmalSagar, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app - Similar Threads - Wallpaper Lock screen

2. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  3. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  4. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to set Personal Photo Wallpaper on Lock Screen

Unable to set Personal Photo Wallpaper on Lock Screen: I recently wanted to change my Lock Screen Wallpaper but when I try, It'll just keep loading and not show up at all. I wanted to change it to a personal photo but as seen below, it never changes and continues to load and never loads. I am able to switch between the other...
  6. Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app

Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app: At first I thought this is only about Spotlight, because it also doesn't work properly, it stuck; but this is bigger than this. Settings app won't show the Wallpaper and Lock screen previews and also, Spotlight is stuck. I tried everything I found on the internet, I've...
  7. Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app

in Windows 10 Support
    Wallpaper and Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app: At first I thought this is only about Spotlight, because it also doesn't work properly, it stuck; but this is bigger than this. Settings app won't show the Wallpaper and Lock screen previews and also, Spotlight is stuck. I tried everything I found on the internet, I've...
  8. Wallpaper, Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper, Lock screen previews do not appear in the Settings app: [ATTACH] At first I thought this is only about Spotlight, because it also doesn't work properly, it stuck; but this is bigger than this. Settings app won't show the Wallpaper and Lock screen previews and also, Spotlight is stuck. I tried everything I found on the...
  9. lock screen wallpaper

lock screen wallpaper: Hi, I set a wallpaper on my lock screen by mistake. But I want to get back the windows feature of automatic slideshow of lock screen wallpaper.Before I set the wallpaper, Windows always set a new lock screen wallpaper automatically in about 2-4 days, but when I set a new...
  10. How Do You Get Locked Screen Preview Pictures To Display On Wallpaper As Well?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do You Get Locked Screen Preview Pictures To Display On Wallpaper As Well?: I want to be able to have the same Preview Pictures from the Windows 10 Lock Screen to show on my computer wallpaper. Is there any way that I can do that? Thanks...