Windows 10: Wallpaper Changed by itself

Discus and support Wallpaper Changed by itself in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My desktop wallpaper got changed to an image that was not on my laptop. This happened almost in front of me. I was using my laptop, got busy in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TalhaAk, Jul 27, 2020.

1. TalhaAk Win User

Wallpaper Changed by itself

Hi,

My desktop wallpaper got changed to an image that was not on my laptop. This happened almost in front of me. I was using my laptop, got busy in something else but I was sitting near it the whole time and when I paid attention to my laptop again the wallpaper had been changed. At first I thought some of my siblings had played a prank and that I might not have paid attention to the changed wallpaper initially so I tried to look for the image location on my laptop. I should mention here that the picture is familiar to me and it is the desktop wallpaper of my work laptop that I use at my job, but I had never downloaded the image onto my personal laptop. I located the wallpaper using windows registry and found it atC:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\RoamedThemeFiles\DesktopBackground. What's surprising is that when I checked the file properties I found out that it was created shortly before I noticed that the wallpaper had changed within the past 1 hour, that is, within the duration I was near the laptop.

The only thing that somewhat links to this event is that I had logged into Microsoft Outlook using my outlook account on my work laptop earlier the same day but then logged out shortly afterwards, and I am always logged in with my outlook account not in Microsoft outlook though on my personal laptop. Could this have caused the wallpaper to change?

:)

TalhaAk, Jul 27, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 27, 2020
  3. prasadchn Win User
    wallpaper not changing

recently I installed one wallpaper & uninstalled the same. then I try to apply custom wallpaper it doesn't changes still it's showing blank only,

suggest in a simple manner to resolve

prasadchn, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Wallpaper Changed by itself

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Wallpaper Changed by itself

1. Wallpaper Changed by itself - Similar Threads - Wallpaper Changed itself

2. why did my window wallpaper change itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my window wallpaper change itself?: Just a fews minutes ago.i rebooted my computer normally. However, i find that the window wallpaper is changed.....I didnt change any settings.On top of that, I just reset my window 11 to the factory setting. The window should be in the default settings. Also, the default...
  3. why did my window wallpaper change itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did my window wallpaper change itself?: Just a fews minutes ago.i rebooted my computer normally. However, i find that the window wallpaper is changed.....I didnt change any settings.On top of that, I just reset my window 11 to the factory setting. The window should be in the default settings. Also, the default...
  4. Wallpaper not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper not changing: I changed my background settings to change after every 1 minute then later to 10 minutes but it is not changing normally it is been changing only while my laptop is being charged...the same is happening for the remaining time limits too please help me what to do now...
  5. My laptop wallpaper just changed itself to my computer's wallpaper!??

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop wallpaper just changed itself to my computer's wallpaper!??: So recently i just logged in to Microsoft site to ask a question just like what im doing right now and i realized that after logging in i saw my wallpaper changed itself to the wallpaper i use to have on my pc...? i dont know why it was really weird. how do i stop this from...
  6. My desktop wallpaper changed itself with unknown pictures

My desktop wallpaper changed itself with unknown pictures: I had a very strange experience a few minutes ago. I played my favorite song which is from One Direction but suddenly when I minimize all the windows, my desktop wallpaper changed with One Direction picture. All members of One Direction were there which made me having a...
  7. Changing wallpapers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing wallpapers: Hi there! I am a huge fan of the wallpapers before logging in. I was wondering if I could have the same random picture as my desktop wallpapers. I was also wondering if there’s a way to change the speed at which the log in wallpapers change. I want it to change more...
  8. wallpaper not changing

wallpaper not changing: recently I installed one wallpaper & uninstalled the same. then I try to apply custom wallpaper it doesn't changes still it's showing blank only, suggest in a simple manner to resolve...
  9. Change wallpaper

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change wallpaper: Hey it wont let me change my wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/change-wallpaper/8c9171e2-da9a-4a39-903a-fac4390fb57b
  10. How to personalize my wallpaper to change by itself.

How to personalize my wallpaper to change by itself.: Hi. I have had 3 other Surfaces in the past and the prior two used to change wallpapers on its own and I really liked it. One day I would see a beautiful sunset, and the next I'd see a waterfall or a frog in the forest. The displays would already be set to change...