Windows 10: Wallpaper Engine Causing Lag?

Discus and support Wallpaper Engine Causing Lag? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Playing league and man I got crazy lag in game and out. Thought it must have been wallpaper engine. I have to restart my pc. Pretty new ibuypower pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shogunzzz1, May 20, 2020.

1. Wallpaper Engine Causing Lag?

Playing league and man I got crazy lag in game and out. Thought it must have been wallpaper engine. I have to restart my pc. Pretty new ibuypower pc too.

submitted by /u/shogunzzz1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shogunzzz1, May 20, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 20, 2020
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 20, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Wallpaper Engine Causing Lag?

Base Filtering Engine Windows 10 Causes BSOD

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Did you try to enable the Base Filtering Engine service? Is it crashing?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

To manually reset TCP/IP, follow these steps:

Note You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.

For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

• On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note if you don't want to specify a directory path for the log file, run the following command instead:

netsh int ip reset

Restart the computer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Wallpaper Engine Causing Lag?

1. Wallpaper Engine Causing Lag? - Similar Threads - Wallpaper Engine Causing

2. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps: My mouse pad has being lagging of late the laptop freezeson it's own and only the mouse point moves Aside that nothing works not even the keyboard . It doesn't move like the normal movement of a its glitches and then the laptop makes a continuous beeping sound like...
  3. Explorer.exe causing serious lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe causing serious lag: So I've been dealing with this issue for YEARS! For some reason, explorer.exe is causing lag on my computer. I've read numerous other users having the same issue but nothing seems to come about to fix it. It simply causes everything to slow down, even though the CPU and RAM...
  4. Unity3D Engine games causing Stop Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unity3D Engine games causing Stop Errors: Hi! For a while now, I have been struggling with some games on the Unity Engine almost exclusively causing Stop Errors BSODs on my Windows 10 Desktop. Primarily, the errors have been MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION, and more rarely WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My system has the...
  5. Is there any way to get an animated wallpaper without wallpaper engine?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get an animated wallpaper without wallpaper engine?: I’m thinking of getting wallpaper engine but I don’t feel like it isn’t worth the $5 just for an animated wallpaper. So is there any other way? submitted by /u/aidengotswag [link] [comments]...
  6. slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games

slideshow wallpaper causes lag in games: i have a quad monitor setup and plenty of wallpapers and everytime the wallpaper changes it causes a giant lag in games , i have a 5700xt and a 3900x so im pretty sure i have plenty of power for all of those wallpaper changes while playing Guitar hero,RDR2 or valorant...
  7. Short lag on wallpaper changes W10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Short lag on wallpaper changes W10 2004: After the newest update 2004 an old problem came back. Whenever my wallpaper is changing I get a short lag or freeze, but only to the screen not to the sound. This is especially noticeable when watching a movie. I had a similar problem with 1809 but back then it was the...
  8. Windows keeps flashing with wallpaper engine occasionally setting my wallpaper, the only...

Windows keeps flashing with wallpaper engine occasionally setting my wallpaper, the only...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KillerDemonic83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn5jzn/windows_keeps_flashing_with_wallpaper_engine/
  9. This seems to come up every once in a while and it breaks wallpaper engine.

This seems to come up every once in a while and it breaks wallpaper engine.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/L_161 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g31rpq/this_seems_to_come_up_every_once_in_a_while_and/
  10. 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?: I have a r9 290 and three 1080p monitors hooked up to it. If I enable GPU decoding in wallpaper engine with all three desktops set to a video wallpaper things get super stutterry (same thing happens if I open three 1080p videos at the same time.) I'm hoping to upgrade my...