Windows 10: Wallpaper keeps instantly changing back to previous after selecting a new one.

Discus and support Wallpaper keeps instantly changing back to previous after selecting a new one. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i downloaded a wallpaper app called rainify and have since deleted it and all files associated. however when i try to change my background to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashketchum2095, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Wallpaper keeps instantly changing back to previous after selecting a new one.

i downloaded a wallpaper app called rainify and have since deleted it and all files associated. however when i try to change my background to another image it instantly reverts back to the image i had before deleting the app. (its a dynamic image).

can someone help me out?

submitted by /u/ashketchum2095
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ashketchum2095, Mar 7, 2021

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 7, 2021
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Wallpaper keeps instantly changing back to previous after selecting a new one.

Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Wallpaper keeps instantly changing back to previous after selecting a new one.

1. Wallpaper keeps instantly changing back to previous after selecting a new one. - Similar Threads - Wallpaper keeps instantly

2. Windows 11 - Wallpaper changes to tiled after logging on after a previous user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Wallpaper changes to tiled after logging on after a previous user: Occasionally when my nephew has finished playing a game and I log on to my user login, my wallpaper picture changes from "centered" to "tile". If I change it back, it will center the image, but then if I switch the image, it tiles again. The only way to fix it is to restart....
  3. Windows 11 - Wallpaper changes to tiled after logging on after a previous user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Wallpaper changes to tiled after logging on after a previous user: Occasionally when my nephew has finished playing a game and I log on to my user login, my wallpaper picture changes from "centered" to "tile". If I change it back, it will center the image, but then if I switch the image, it tiles again. The only way to fix it is to restart....
  4. Any way to change the photo edit system back to the previous one? This new ones takes so...

Any way to change the photo edit system back to the previous one? This new ones takes so...: Any way to change the photo edit system back to the previous one? This new ones takes so much time to scroll thru the filmstrip at the bottom to edit a bunch of pictures.* Moved from Community Center...
  5. Any way to change the photo edit system back to the previous one? This new ones takes so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to change the photo edit system back to the previous one? This new ones takes so...: Any way to change the photo edit system back to the previous one? This new ones takes so much time to scroll thru the filmstrip at the bottom to edit a bunch of pictures.* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...: As soon I try to change my wallpaper to anything else then Solid Color it just instantly changes back to Solid Color.I already tried few solutions like deleting the TeanscodedWallpaper file, uncheck 'Remove background images where available' option in Ease of Access Centre....
  7. Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...

Desktop wallpaper instantly changes itself to the Black solid color after trying to change...: As soon I try to change my wallpaper to anything else then Solid Color it just instantly changes back to Solid Color.I already tried few solutions like deleting the TeanscodedWallpaper file, uncheck 'Remove background images where available' option in Ease of Access Centre....
  8. Wallpaper keeps changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper keeps changing: Hi guys, I am having some issues where my wallpaper keeps on changing on my secondary screen, which is vertical. Not only that, for some reason when I start my computer the bootscreen is always on my second scree. I am using 2 display ports from the nvidia graphics card. I...
  9. Background keeps changing back to Dynamic Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background keeps changing back to Dynamic Wallpaper: A week ago I downloaded a dynamic wallpaper to correlate to the time of the day; it's a city scape so the the sunrise screen comes on at sunrise time, noon for noon, and night for night etc. It all correlates to my time zone. I decided I wanted to change it to just one...
  10. Wallpaper keep changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper keep changing: I recently downloaded windynamic wallpaper. Set it now instead of changing with time it changes to random wallpapers anyone else experience this? submitted by /u/RJJJJJJJ710 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd01ww/wallpaper_keep_changing/