Windows 10: Wallpaper not syncing across computers

Discus and support Wallpaper not syncing across computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a weird problem. I log into my laptop and PC with the same MS account and have sync everything ticked on both computers. So, in theory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zaarin2003, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Wallpaper not syncing across computers

Hi,

I have a weird problem. I log into my laptop and PC with the same MS account and have sync everything ticked on both computers. So, in theory, the theme should sync between them, correct?

Well, I use the folder C:\Users\username\Pictures\Wallpapers to store over 300 wallpaper pictures. I make sure that this location is specified as the location of my slideshow in the Settings\Personalisation\Background screen.

Well, strangely, every time I log onto either computer, I realise that I am seeing one of only about 5 different pictures as my desktop wallpaper. I go into Settings/Personalisation/Background and under 'Choose albums for your slideshow' the folder Desktopbackground is apparently selected. It is as if Windows has decided that it wants to use the Desktopbackground folder instead of what I want. I have no idea what this folder is, or why it contains about 5 of the pictures I keep in my wallpaper folder. Anyway, I change it back to my Wallpapers folder and all my glorious pictures come back again.

Everything is fine, until I turn the computer off. When I log back in, yep, Windows has decided to use Desktopbackground folder instead.

This is very frustrating.

Can anyone shed any light please? I don't know if it helps, but I suspect that this Desktopbackground folder is something to do with Roaming.

Thanks

Matt

:)

zaarin2003, Nov 19, 2015

2. Windows 10 not Syncing across computers

Hi Devid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Make sure that the date and time are correct on the computer.

a) Check the setting for Date/Time by choosing the Desktop tile and then left click on the date/time in the corner.

b) Click on change date and time settings. And then verify the time zone is correct as well as the internet time tab has the option to Synchronize with Internet time server.

Method 2: Check if Microsoft Account has been verified on the computer.

Follow the steps below to finish 2 step verification process.

a. Close the Store app completely (swipe down from the top)

b. Press “Windows + C” to open the charms bar, click on settings and then on “change PC settings”.

c. Click on Accounts, It will show your Microsoft account there.

d. See if there is a “verify” link below your account. If so, click on it and go through the 2 step verification process

e. Once done try starting the store and check if you are able to visit Windows Store.

You may also refer to the below article Two-step verification: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Note: Steps of the above article applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 not Syncing across computers

My Windows 10 is not syncing across my desktop and laptop. I am using my Microsoft account to log into both computers and have the settings on both PC's set to sync.

I have tried finding a resolution with no results.

Any help would be appreciated.

David Deguzman, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Wallpaper not syncing across computers

1. Wallpaper not syncing across computers - Similar Threads - Wallpaper syncing across

2. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  3. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  4. software sync across devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software sync across devices: HelloI have 2 laptops, how can I sync the app, subscriptions and software across both of them.for example if I downloads drobox in one laptop, do I have to re downlead it in the second laptop? what I found is , the icons of the apps are found in the second laptop but the...
  5. Syncing changes across devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing changes across devices?: I have a laptop and a PC that I use for different things, and both are configured in quite a number of ways. Of course I sync my personal files over GDrive, but I was wondering if there are ways to sync changes that Windows doesn't automatically. I am thinking of something...
  6. Time sync across servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Time sync across servers: I am running SBS 2011, Windows Server 2012, and about 15 client computers. They all look to the SBS for time. The server looks on time.windows.com and i have no idea why Lately, i notice a lot of PCs are lagging in minutes and it seems to get longer. What should i do and to...
  7. Syncing settings across devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing settings across devices: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro 7 and a Surface Laptop 3 and I'm trying to sync my settings across both but it says "Sync is not available on your account". Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro and I have them signed into a work account. Does anyone know what the issue is?...
  8. Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erroneous wallpapers synced - how to stop *only* wallpapers from syncing?: Whilst I generally appreciate the syncing of settings between my various Windows 10 devices it has occured more than once that Windows synced the wrong wallpaper to my other devices. Sometimes, I misclick and set a picture as my wallpaper instead of editing it through the...
  9. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...: I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background.. I'm trying to get my computers in...
  10. Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...

Background (Wallpaper) not syncing, even though sync function is turned on both computers...: I remember, in the early days of Windows 10 if you had more than one computer with Windows 10 on it when you changed the background on one computer the background on the the other computer would automatically change to that background.. I'm trying to get my computers in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account wallpaper not syncing

2. wallpaper not syncing across devices

3. help windows profile not syncing across PCs 2019

4. Set desktop wallpaper for microsoft account is not syncing