Windows 10: Wallpaper (on network share) access lost when computer goes to sleep

Discus and support Wallpaper (on network share) access lost when computer goes to sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Gents, As per title. I have a NAS (with FreeNAS) on which I've created a folder for my wallpapers. I've got a fair bit (I check interfacelift.com... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SilverJS, Jun 28, 2016.

1. SilverJS Win User

Wallpaper (on network share) access lost when computer goes to sleep

Gents,

As per title. I have a NAS (with FreeNAS) on which I've created a folder for my wallpapers. I've got a fair bit (I check interfacelift.com every couple of months or so for new ones) and keep them all in one folder, so that all of the computers in the house have access to them, via slideshow. I've got it set to change the wallpaper once a day.

Anyway - I have no issues getting the slideshow set up, finding the folder, etc., etc. - it's only that, when the computer goes to sleep, I find that the wallpaper has been changed, and if I go into the Personalize settings, I see that Windows has lost access to the share, and has instead reverted to some other folder (no idea where it's even at) that seems to have 7-8 of my wallpapers, but that's it.

In any case - I guess my question is : any way to keep the pathway to the shares open even during sleep? I never used to have this problem in W7.

Cheers!

:)

SilverJS, Jun 28, 2016
  2. makkos23 Win User

Computer does not sleep anymore (\FileSystem\srvnet)

Without having accessed a Network Share it sleeps just fine.

But when I have accessed a windows network share at any point it will not sleep, even after the device i accessed it with is completely turned off.

It worked fine a couple of weeks ago but then it stopped working randomly on 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 but the problem persists.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests

[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet

Von einem aktiven Remoteclient wurden kürzlich Anfragen an diesen Computer gesen

det.

1. Left homegroup - nothing changed

2. Blocked all Media Sharing - disabled service - nothing changed

3. powercfg -waketimers - no waketimers

4. Intel Ethernet Connection I218-V is the latest driver - nothing changed5. Energy Settings are set to sleep when accessed a media share - nothing changed

6. On Energy-Saving plan with 1 minute to sleep - nothing changed

7. No open network sessions or any open files over the network

8. I do not want to "Requestoverride" it because I need the network shares

Is there any way to check what "[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet" is actually accessing or why it wont sleep... or just any information at all ?

makkos23, Jun 28, 2016
  3. gtengley Win User
    POWER SETTINGS

the computer goes to sleep but the moniter says it lost signal and does not goes to sleep

gtengley, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Wallpaper (on network share) access lost when computer goes to sleep

1. Wallpaper (on network share) access lost when computer goes to sleep - Similar Threads - Wallpaper network share

2. Blue screen when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when computer goes to sleep: Hello,We have a user that has their screens go blue when she leaves and the computer goes to sleep. Clicking or hitting a single button on the keyboard doesn't work. The only was for her to get back to the main login screen is hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete. When she leaves for...
  3. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  4. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  5. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.: Hi!My Bluetooth is disconnecting every time my computer goes to sleep. The only way to get it back it to restarts the actual computer and when booting up the Bluetooth disconnects again. Does anyone know why this is happening? Cheers, Arthur...
  7. Ubiquity Wifi Network crash when computer goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ubiquity Wifi Network crash when computer goes on sleep mode: Hi, I have my computer connected to a LAN cable on an internal network. The network is connected through a LAN cable to a UNIFI AP-AC-LR rounter. The wireless network crashes everytime the computer goes into sleep mode. IT works fine while the computer is either off or not...
  8. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  9. Windows moving when Computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows moving when Computer goes to sleep: I am using Windows 10. I have 2 & 3 extended monitors. After I wake my computer from when it goes to sleep, all my windows have moved to a different screen and/or changed size. Does anyone know the issue, or a work around? Thank you...
  10. Computer goes to sleep when stop typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer goes to sleep when stop typing: My computer goes to sleep in two minutes when I stop typing. I have to relog several times a day. It is really very annoying. Please suggest a troubleshooting method...