Windows 10: Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper

Discus and support Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I have a laptop and every time I change my wallpaper, it reverts back to "Center" Option in Personalize menu. My laptop's screen resolution is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fereidoun GAZ, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper

Hi!

I have a laptop and every time I change my wallpaper, it reverts back to "Center" Option in Personalize menu. My laptop's screen resolution is 3840*2160, but regardless of the dimension of the wallpaper, if I put a wallpaper of 10000*5625 (which is a 16*9 ratio indeed), it returns back to a small pic in the middle of the screen as I restart. This time if I change the setting to "Fill" or "Fit", It's OK till the next change of wallpaper.

What is the problem?

***Original title: My wallpapers revert back to "Center" every time I change it.***

:)

Fereidoun GAZ, Oct 14, 2019

2. sync / wallpaper change

Hi,

Your current system may have downloaded an update that caused your wallpaper to revert to the previous one.

Regarding your files, they will not automatically sync if you haven't set your account with OneDrive on your computer.

We suggest that you change your wallpaper, then restart your computer. This will help us to further identify if there's an issue with your system.

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 14, 2019
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper

Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper

1. Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper - Similar Threads - Wallpaper setting reverts

2. Wallpaper settings revert with every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper settings revert with every restart: This started a couple weeks ago. I normally have wallpaper set to a Slideshow of shuffled JPG files every 30 min from a specified directory. Now, when the machine restarts, wallpaper reverts to a Picture. I only have to re-select Slideshow, and the sub-settings are...
  3. Wallpaper settings revert with every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper settings revert with every restart: This started a couple weeks ago. I normally have wallpaper set to a Slideshow of shuffled JPG files every 30 min from a specified directory. Now, when the machine restarts, wallpaper reverts to a Picture. I only have to re-select Slideshow, and the sub-settings are...
  4. Wallpaper not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper not changing: I changed my background settings to change after every 1 minute then later to 10 minutes but it is not changing normally it is been changing only while my laptop is being charged...the same is happening for the remaining time limits too please help me what to do now...
  5. Wallpaper not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper not changing: I changed my background settings to change after every 1 minute then later to 10 minutes but it is not changing normally it is been changing only while my laptop is being charged...the same is happening for the remaining time limits too please help me what to do now...
  6. Changing wallpapers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing wallpapers: Hi there! I am a huge fan of the wallpapers before logging in. I was wondering if I could have the same random picture as my desktop wallpapers. I was also wondering if there’s a way to change the speed at which the log in wallpapers change. I want it to change more...
  7. wallpaper setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    wallpaper setting: Hi All, Thank you for your time. I have an issue with my screen walpaper. So I have a HP Probook with Windows 10. When I sign in I see nice picutres with a location as well I think this is from windows spotlight feature I would like to replicate this on my desktop...
  8. wallpaper not changing

wallpaper not changing: recently I installed one wallpaper & uninstalled the same. then I try to apply custom wallpaper it doesn't changes still it's showing blank only, suggest in a simple manner to resolve...
  9. My wallpapers revert back to "Center" every time I change it.

My wallpapers revert back to "Center" every time I change it.: Hi! I have a laptop and every time I change my wallpaper, it reverts back to "Center" Option in Personalize menu. My laptop's screen resolution is 3840*2160, but regardless of the dimension of the wallpaper, if I put a wallpaper of 10000*5625 (which is a 16*9 ratio indeed),...
  10. Change wallpaper

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change wallpaper: Hey it wont let me change my wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/change-wallpaper/8c9171e2-da9a-4a39-903a-fac4390fb57b