Windows 10: Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches

Discus and support Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My wallpapers like to change on their own. Always happens after I leave my PC on sleep mode for 5 or more minutes. Sometimes it will be a random image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jakedelso, Jun 20, 2021.

1. jakedelso Win User

Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches

My wallpapers like to change on their own. Always happens after I leave my PC on sleep mode for 5 or more minutes. Sometimes it will be a random image in my gallery that I opened recently, other times it will be the same image on my 1st monitor I have a dual monitor set up btw. Both are supposed to have different wallpapers.. If I'm really unlucky, the wallpaper on my 2nd monitor will change to match my first monitor's wallpaper BUT with a weird zoom in. If I click personalize and try to change the pic back, it will claim it's using a solid color background instead of an actual picture

:)

jakedelso, Jun 20, 2021

2. Wallpaper Glitch

Every Time I set a new wallpaper my second monitor turns to the new one, while my main monitor glitches back to my old wallpaper. I have to restart it to see the new one on the main monitor. Please help

bobbygendron, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Wallpaper Glitch

Hi Bobby,

There are many possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue when changing your desktop's wallpaper. In order for us to narrow down the possible causes, please answer the following questions:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Are you also experiencing the issue when using the default backgrounds/wallpapers available in Settings?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Do your desktop monitors have the same specifications?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches

1. Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches - Similar Threads - Wallpapers changing own

2. Wallpaper not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper not changing: I changed my background settings to change after every 1 minute then later to 10 minutes but it is not changing normally it is been changing only while my laptop is being charged...the same is happening for the remaining time limits too please help me what to do now...
  3. Wallpaper changing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  4. Wallpaper changing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  5. my wallpaper changes on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my wallpaper changes on its own: hello I had a laptop that was stolen from me a couple days ago And I really think its someone who lives close to me but I didn't have any proof I tried locating it and everything but I couldn't find it so I just accepted my lose and bought a new laptop for work I...
  6. Changing wallpapers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing wallpapers: Hi there! I am a huge fan of the wallpapers before logging in. I was wondering if I could have the same random picture as my desktop wallpapers. I was also wondering if there’s a way to change the speed at which the log in wallpapers change. I want it to change more...
  7. Wallpaper changed on its own, virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper changed on its own, virus?: I was at my computer with my desktop open and all of the sudden my desktop background changed from a Hollow Knight screenshot to a cat with a sombrero. I think this is a virus causing the problem, since it's been a recurring thing every few months. Anyone know what's going...
  8. Desktop wallpaper glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper glitch: Hello - I'm getting this ongoing glitch. When I start up the computer the desktop is showing a dotted dark green wallpaper. When I go into settings > personalize, the computer remembers the photo that's put into the desktop and it then it shows up on the wallpaper. But this...
  9. wallpaper not changing

wallpaper not changing: recently I installed one wallpaper & uninstalled the same. then I try to apply custom wallpaper it doesn't changes still it's showing blank only, suggest in a simple manner to resolve...
  10. Unable to change wallpaper other than system wallpaper and block colours

Unable to change wallpaper other than system wallpaper and block colours: Unable to change wallpaper other than system wallpaper and block colours Mine is updated yo the latest version till date 03/10/2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-wallpaper-other-than-system/ce449216-0adc-42ac-8318-db968c12a03e