Windows 10: Wamp -localhost\mysite to be viewed on moblie

Discus and support Wamp -localhost\mysite to be viewed on moblie in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi there, how to setup for the new website that i made using Wamp /WordPress - to be able to be viewed on mobile devices/ another pc? Or even go live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HeavensEarth69, May 27, 2019.

1. Wamp -localhost\mysite to be viewed on moblie

hi there,

how to setup for the new website that i made using Wamp /WordPress - to be able to be viewed on mobile devices/ another pc? Or even go live on web browser?

Appreciations,

:)

HeavensEarth69, May 27, 2019
  2. TomXampp Win User

How to eliminate need for "localhost" prefix in Edge, localhosted site

Your summary of my problem is accurate except for one detail: I can run localhost sites so long as I prefix their address with 'localhost', like this:

Code:
    Code:
    localhost\mysite\
    That works. This does not:

Code:
    Code:
    mysite\
    On all other browsers, I can access localhost sites just by putting the site name into the URL bar:

Code:
    Code:
    mysite\
    On Edge, a localhost site MUST be prefixed with 'localhost\', like this:

Code:
    Code:
    localhost\mysite\
    This causes a problem with relative paths. If I have a file in the root of mysite named info.php, I can access it anywhere in the site by an href of:

Code:
    Code:
    \info.php
    The initial slash take you to the root of the URL. On all other browsers, since the root is mysite\, '\info.php' accesses:

Code:
    Code:
    mysite\info.php
    ...because 'mysite\' is the root. However, because Edge by default requires that the URL be prefixed with 'localhost\', localhost becomes the root. Thus, an href to '\info.php' means the site code looks not to mysite\ but instead to 'localhost\', since 'localhost\' is the root of the URL. In other words, it looks for info.php here:

Code:
    Code:
    localhost\info.php
    And that's not where the info.php is kept. It's in 'mysite'. Therefore a 404 error is generated, for the file is not found when it is referenced with '\info.php'.

If Edge did not require the URLs of localhosted sites to be prefixed with 'localhost\', this problem would vanish.

It's important to understand that those same localhosted sites work perfectly in Edge when served from a live server, as 'mysite\', etc., is the defacto root in those cases.

Please let me know if you need additional clarification.

TomXampp, May 27, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    localhost

Hi ZAINAL

As explained on your other thread, this is an issue with the WAMP stack, use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost in the address bar and you will be able to test using that stack

So for example, use 127.0.0.1/SiteName/Index.html instead of localhost/SiteName/Index.html

DaveM121, May 27, 2019
  4. Choopan Win User

Wamp -localhost\mysite to be viewed on moblie

How to resolve internal error issue on WAMP?

I have installed WAMP on windows 10, I have stopped IIS, No skype.

WAMP icon is green, Click on WAMP, Click on Localhost (first opton). I get following error

If I type Localhost on the URL it works fine.

I have treid to change the port number. did not help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Choopan, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Wamp -localhost\mysite to be viewed on moblie

1. Wamp -localhost\mysite to be viewed on moblie - Similar Threads - Wamp localhostmysite viewed

2. Moblie hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moblie hotspot issues: I cannot edit the hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moblie-hotspot-issues/56f7b017-ccc5-4bc9-abe7-daec113b7de0
  3. Moblie hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moblie hotspot issues: I cannot edit the hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moblie-hotspot-issues/56f7b017-ccc5-4bc9-abe7-daec113b7de0
  4. Moblie hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. can't connect to 127.0.0.1 / localhost WAMP stack in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't connect to 127.0.0.1 / localhost WAMP stack in windows 10: Since i upgraded to Win 10 21H1, I cannot connect to localhost / 127.0.0.1. Prior to the upgrade, http pages were being served by Apache 2 w/ php and mysql. The error message I get in Chrome is "Your Internet access is blocked". I suspect this is likely due to the Win...
  6. Help- usb moblie hard drive and windows laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help- usb moblie hard drive and windows laptop: Hello , I am going to be honest I'm not a very technical person so apologises in advance . I was using my usb mobile hard drive which is weeks old but a treasure as I am a teacher and it has loads of important document on it. Was using my laptop and I put it down for half an...
  7. How to resolve internal issue on WAMP

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to resolve internal issue on WAMP: I have installed WAMP on windows 10, I have stopped IIS, No skype. WAMP icon is green, Click on WAMP, Click on Localhost Menue Item . I get following error "Could not execute menue Item (internal erro) [exception] could not execute run action; The system can not find...
  8. How to resolve internal error issue on WAMP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to resolve internal error issue on WAMP?: I have installed WAMP on windows 10, I have stopped IIS, No skype. WAMP icon is green, Click on WAMP, Click on Localhost (first opton). I get following error If I type Localhost on the URL it works fine. I have treid to change the port number. did not help. Any...
  9. WAMP not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WAMP not working: I updated Win 7 to Win 10. Installed programs such as Office are working fine. Wamp doesn't make it to the final online stage. It says it can't find a file yet the file is clearly there. I uninstalled, cleared all files, rebooted then reinstalled with the same results. Here...
  10. moblie broadband & setting 10TP up after install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moblie broadband & setting 10TP up after install: I have only been able to use 10TP when I upgrade my laptop from seven, because it carries over the installed programs and .NET stuff. When I try to clean install(what I'd really like to do), after everything is setup, I try to install my Vodafone k3772-z surf stick(my only...