Windows 10: WAN miniport driver (Code 45)

Discus and support WAN miniport driver (Code 45) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, this is strange: i read you shouldn't uninstall WAN Miniport drivers, because they are part of Windows. However i don't need PPPOE, PPTP, L2TP,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by empleat, Dec 15, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

WAN miniport driver (Code 45)

Hello,

this is strange: i read you shouldn't uninstall WAN Miniport drivers, because they are part of Windows. However i don't need PPPOE, PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, IPV6. So i didn't uninstall them, i only disabled these in device manager. However now all WAN Miniports are hidden and i get (code 45) under "Driver" tab - when i right-click on some driver!

Whole message:
    Code:
    But i didn't disable IP, Network Monitor, IKEv2. Why are these hidden and report (Code 45). Should i care? However IP, or IKEv2 could be important.

I uninstalled them and after restart they all showed in Device Manager as normal. I tried again to disable former, yet they all are hidden again... Doesn't make sense! I want to disable only former! I didn't disable IP, Network Monitor, IKEv2! So why are these hidden?!

Thanks for help!

:)

empleat, Dec 15, 2020

2. wan miniport are not connected code 45 in windows 10

how to reconnect all wan miniport ,in device manager show ode 45 ,Ido not knowwhen this is happen,what need to do to fix it?

also my question is if ireinstall windows can fix itthis problem?

HectorEdenburg, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 WAN Miniport Code 38

I do not have a new installation of Windows 10, this problem just suddenly happened. All was working well. As far as I can tell no updates have been installed immediately prior to this problem.

When windows first starts the WAN Miniport (IP), WAN Miniport (IPv6), and WAN Miniport (Network Monitor) all start with the error code 45, device not connected.

When you attempt to connect a VPN each of the three have the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark. Looking at the device status is shows: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still
    in memory. (Code 38). The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory".

When I try to connect, the VPN Connection reports:

"A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection."

The problem is clearly not connection specific, as the WAN Miniports show errors as described above.

I have tried uninstalling the three WAN Miniport items, and updating the driver. No change to the error. Having said that these three items still show a driver dated 21/06/2006 version 10.0.10586.0, and are the Microsoft ones, and not manufacturer specific.
    So this would seem to be a Microsoft issue and not the manufacturer.

I have also added and additional network card, and installed it from scratch, with the up to date drivers. No change to the error.

The troubleshooter did not find any errors!!!

In the error log I get the following error, but the only thing I could find online did not work.

Device SWD\MSRRAS\MS_NDISWANIP had a problem starting.

Driver Name: netrasa.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: NdisWan

Lower Filters: NdisTapi

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0x26

Problem Status: 0xC000038E

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Device Configuration

Source: Kernel-PnP

Event ID: 411

I do not want to reinstall Windows 10, which was suggestion I found online. That seem overkill, and not even guaranteed to resolve the problem.

Surely you must be able to change the WAN Miniport drivers to something more up to date than 2006, if indeed that is the issue, as they have been working fine.

In both cases the Network card works fine and I can browse the Internet okay.

Can anybody please help?

JohnBoyIOW, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Ralf_G Win User

WAN miniports missing

"WHERE I CAN FIND THE DRIVERS."

The WAN miniport drivers are integral to Windows. They should install/load automatically when called for by a software device that requires them.

In Device Manager click the "View" menu and select "Show hidden devices" and then look under Network adapters to see if disabled miniport drivers are shown.

Ralf_G, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. WAN miniport driver (Code 45) - Similar Threads - WAN miniport driver

2. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  3. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  4. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  5. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  6. Wan miniports????

7. Wifi connection WAN miniports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection WAN miniports: Hi! I use windows 10 and it turned out that recently my computer has stopped browsing any pages. Internet is connected, router is fine, all the devices work well and just my computer always displays WAN mini ports which I think inhibit dns server to open pages and following...
  8. WAN miniport IKEv2

WAN miniport IKEv2: While trying to troubleshoot/repair windows not able to automatically detect this networks proxy settings after waking from sleep mode, I have accidentally deleted WAN miniport (IKEv2). How do I get it back on windows 10? Thanks....
  9. WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 Drivers Locking up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 Drivers Locking up: Hi all, We have a number of sites which have L2TP / IKEv2 VPNs configured (various server/router hardware and configurations). In all cases though we use the Windows 10 in-built vpn client to connect and all are configured with pre-shared keys and typically RADIUS...
  10. wan miniport on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wan miniport on pc: Does not connect to modem anymore. I worked yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wan-miniport-on-pc/4f5b7f89-aa0f-43a7-81c1-b86ef4c4196a