Windows 10: WAN miniport IKEv2

Discus and support WAN miniport IKEv2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While trying to troubleshoot/repair windows not able to automatically detect this networks proxy settings after waking from sleep mode, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by T.J.Brown363, Dec 10, 2019.

1. WAN miniport IKEv2

While trying to troubleshoot/repair windows not able to automatically detect this networks proxy settings after waking from sleep mode, I have accidentally deleted WAN miniport (IKEv2).

How do I get it back on windows 10? Thanks.

:)

T.J.Brown363, Dec 10, 2019

2. WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 Drivers Locking up

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are facing issues with the logging to the VPN client. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information

However, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have expertise and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 10, 2019
  3. O11y Win User
    WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 Drivers Locking up

Hi all,

We have a number of sites which have L2TP / IKEv2 VPNs configured (various server/router hardware and configurations). In all cases though we use the Windows 10 in-built vpn client to connect and all are configured with pre-shared keys and typically RADIUS
    authentication linked to a Windows NAP server.

For a large number (if not all) of our clients we regularly see the WAN Miniport drivers locking up and you have to either logout/login or manually restart the drivers in device manager to get them going again. These clients all use different versions of
    Windows 10 and different hardware configurations but the problem is always the same on each.

The VPN client will usually get as far as "verifying username / password" and not get any further. In the event log you will see different RAS errors, usually 79 I think it is or 89 (whichever the standard, couldn't connect error code is. when it connects
    successfully you also will sometimes find that the network connection on the client (via all adaptors) is completely broken after disconnecting the VPN and can only be fixed by disabling/enabled the WAN Miniport drivers.

Anyone seen this before and know of a fix?

Cheers,

Olly

4. WAN miniport IKEv2

Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter

Hi thank you,

When I expand the Network Adapter list it shows the following,

WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

WAN Miniport (IP)

WAN Miniport (IPv6)

WAN Miniport (L2TP)

WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

WAN Miniport (PPTP)

WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Which one do I uninstall?

EmilyWard1, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

WAN miniport IKEv2

1. WAN miniport IKEv2 - Similar Threads - WAN miniport IKEv2

2. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  3. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  4. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. where to find to install WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where to find to install WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers: There is no WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers in device manager under Network Adapters . I have checked show hidden devices too. There is no hidden WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 . There is nothing else there. Windows is updated. Already tried device manufacturer website...
  6. where to find to install WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers

where to find to install WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers: There is no WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers in device manager under Network Adapters . I have checked show hidden devices too. There is no hidden WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 . There is nothing else there. Windows is updated. Already tried device manufacturer website...
  7. where to find to install WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where to find to install WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers: There is no WAN miniport IKEv2 IP and IPv6 drivers in device manager under Network Adapters . I have checked show hidden devices too. Windows is updated. Already tried device manufacturer website and reinstalled all the drivers for the device, Yes all of them . restarted...
  8. WAN Miniport (IKEv2) v10.0.18362.1 Device Manager File Corrupt.

WAN Miniport (IKEv2) v10.0.18362.1 Device Manager File Corrupt.: OK, I have spent way too much time [ all afternoon ] on this so I thought I would seek help. I have a ten year old computer Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH530 64-Bit Laptop that previously ran Win 7. I have Clean Installled it with Win 10 Pro. I had the working Drivers from Win 7 . . ....
  9. WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 Drivers Locking up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 Drivers Locking up: Hi all, We have a number of sites which have L2TP / IKEv2 VPNs configured (various server/router hardware and configurations). In all cases though we use the Windows 10 in-built vpn client to connect and all are configured with pre-shared keys and typically RADIUS...
  10. wan miniport on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wan miniport on pc: Does not connect to modem anymore. I worked yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wan-miniport-on-pc/4f5b7f89-aa0f-43a7-81c1-b86ef4c4196a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add wan miniport ikev2 to windows 10

2. wkindows resinstall ikev2 drivers

3. wan miniport driver vpn client