Windows 10: wan miniport network adapters missing

Discus and support wan miniport network adapters missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need the following wan miniport network adapters in order to run Norton 360 VPN. they are IKEV2, IP, IPV6. I will also need their drivers. How to I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonDrake3, May 2, 2020.

1. JonDrake3 Win User

wan miniport network adapters missing

I need the following wan miniport network adapters in order to run Norton 360 VPN. they are IKEV2, IP, IPV6. I will also need their drivers. How to I find and install these network adapters?

Dell Inspiron All-In-One 0 Windows 10, 1909

:)

JonDrake3, May 2, 2020

2. WAN Miniport Missing After Updating WIndows 10

Just did the update to 1903 and went smoothly except that in looking at Device Manager, I see that that the following ports have been missing:

WAN miniport(IP)

WAN miniport(IPv6)

WAN miniport(Network monitor)

WAN miniport(IKEv2)

WAN miniport(L2TP)

WAN miniport(PPTP)

WAN miniport(PPPOE)

wan miniport network adapters missing a8af782b-b282-4194-af15-65f0ff8292b5?upload=true.png

It's make many network issue like i cant connect to the vpn, how can i get thats network adapter back? Thanks.

Best regards, YY.

YosaYanuar, May 2, 2020
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    WAN miniports missing

"WHERE I CAN FIND THE DRIVERS."

The WAN miniport drivers are integral to Windows. They should install/load automatically when called for by a software device that requires them.

In Device Manager click the "View" menu and select "Show hidden devices" and then look under Network adapters to see if disabled miniport drivers are shown.

Ralf_G, May 2, 2020
  4. wan miniport network adapters missing

Missing WAN Miniports after upgrade

I upgraded a perfectly running Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro. Everything looked great after the upgrade but I did have to tweak a few things here and there. The problem came when I tried to Windows VPN to connect to my office and it just sites there at
    "Connecting to Office" and never connects.

When I check my Network Connections some of the VPN's I have set up show WAN Miniport (SSTP), right click for properties gives a "Network Connections - An unexpected error has occurred". Tried deleting the Office VPN and re-creating and after creation the
    Network Connection shows "Unavailable - Device missing".

Device manager does not show the WAN Miniport (PPTP) and I can't figure out how to get it back. I have updated Network adapter, BOIS and chipset drivers.

I compared my Device manager to another same model pc running Windows 10 Pro and I am Missing quite a few of the Miniport adapters:

I use Windows VPN to connect to customer accounts and am pretty much dead in the water. Any advice would be appreciated...

JohnNickens, May 2, 2020
Thema:

wan miniport network adapters missing

1. wan miniport network adapters missing - Similar Threads - wan miniport network

2. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  3. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  4. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  6. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  7. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Missing WAN Miniports after upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing WAN Miniports after upgrade: I upgraded a perfectly running Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro. Everything looked great after the upgrade but I did have to tweak a few things here and there. The problem came when I tried to Windows VPN to connect to my office and it just sites there at "Connecting to...
  9. wan miniport on pc

wan miniport on pc: Does not connect to modem anymore. I worked yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wan-miniport-on-pc/4f5b7f89-aa0f-43a7-81c1-b86ef4c4196a
  10. Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared

Weird WAN Miniport adapters suddenly appeared: WHats up guys? so im having an issue where all these WAN Miniports suddenly appeared in my device manager and i have no idea how to get rid of them. apparently im connected to my wifi through 2 adapters, one seems to be a virtual adapter. how can i get rif of these things?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. pc why my mini port ikv2 disappear

3. wan miniport missing

4. WAN Miniport (PPPOE driver) ikev2,
  5. wan miniport sstp win 10 driver,
  6. windows 10 1909 create pppoe but become vpn