Windows 10: WAN Miniport SSTP is still setting up after a while, is it making my computer slower?

Discus and support WAN Miniport SSTP is still setting up after a while, is it making my computer slower? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I go to device manager, there is a warning sign that pops up beside the icon of the WAN Miniport SSTP. Just before is popped up, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gothdiedbaby, Nov 22, 2020.

1. WAN Miniport SSTP is still setting up after a while, is it making my computer slower?

When I go to device manager, there is a warning sign that pops up beside the icon of the WAN Miniport SSTP. Just before is popped up, my computer rebooted and said that my fan was not working. I took it apart to see I only had one fan. My laptop is an HP Pavilion HP 15-cw1063wm.

I unplugged my fan and plugged it back in and didn't get an error message after powering up my computer. So that seemed to fix the problem, but possibly may have caused another.

My computer is also acting very slow all of a sudden, it could be because of the WAN Miniport.

This is the current device status for the WAN Miniport SSTP: Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56.

I will give Windows more time to set up the class configuration, but is this the problem on why my computer is acting very slow?

Any help will be appreciated, need answers ASAP. :

:)

gothdiedbaby, Nov 22, 2020

2. Cannot connect to the internet

I use WiFi.

I don't see Wireless/Wifi or Ethernet, The only things that are listed are

WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

WAN Miniport (IP)

WAN Miniport (IPv6)

WAN Miniport (L2TP)

WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

WAN Miniport (PPTP)

WAN Miniport (SSTP)

AquamarinePK, Nov 22, 2020
  3. WAN Miniport Missing After Updating WIndows 10

Just did the update to 1903 and went smoothly except that in looking at Device Manager, I see that that the following ports have been missing:

WAN miniport(IP)

WAN miniport(IPv6)

WAN miniport(Network monitor)

WAN miniport(IKEv2)

WAN miniport(L2TP)

WAN miniport(PPTP)

WAN miniport(PPPOE)

WAN Miniport SSTP is still setting up after a while, is it making my computer slower? a8af782b-b282-4194-af15-65f0ff8292b5?upload=true.png

It's make many network issue like i cant connect to the vpn, how can i get thats network adapter back? Thanks.

Best regards, YY.

YosaYanuar, Nov 22, 2020
  4. WAN Miniport SSTP is still setting up after a while, is it making my computer slower?

wifi setting totally disappear

Thanks alot sir,

this is what is listed: 1. blue tooth device(personal area networking)

2.blue tooth device (RFCOMM PROTOCOL TDI)

3. Realtek PCIe FE Family controller

4.WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

5.WAN Minport (IP)

6.WAN Miniport (IPv6)

7.WAN Miniport (L2TP)

8.WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

9.WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

10.WAN Miniport (PPTP)

11.WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Thanks a lot

JonathanAdjei, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

WAN Miniport SSTP is still setting up after a while, is it making my computer slower?

1. WAN Miniport SSTP is still setting up after a while, is it making my computer slower? - Similar Threads - WAN Miniport SSTP

2. missing WAN miniport cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing WAN miniport cards: hi,i was trying to connect to a VPN, but due to a 1068 error i looked in the devices manager to find that my WAN miniport card were missing ,except the SSTP one what i did was trying to reinstall the driver using DEVCON from WDKT:but still nothing and yes i did restart my...
  3. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  4. Wan miniports????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wan miniports????: Hello, I opened my network adapters via device manager. I see a bunch of wan mini ports. What are they? What are they for? Tried to uninstall and they come back upon restarting. How do I get rid of them? See attachment. Thanks!...
  5. Wan miniports????

6. Wifi connection WAN miniports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection WAN miniports: Hi! I use windows 10 and it turned out that recently my computer has stopped browsing any pages. Internet is connected, router is fine, all the devices work well and just my computer always displays WAN mini ports which I think inhibit dns server to open pages and following...
  7. WAN miniport IKEv2

WAN miniport IKEv2: While trying to troubleshoot/repair windows not able to automatically detect this networks proxy settings after waking from sleep mode, I have accidentally deleted WAN miniport (IKEv2). How do I get it back on windows 10? Thanks....
  8. WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 Drivers Locking up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WAN Miniport L2TP / IKEv2 Drivers Locking up: Hi all, We have a number of sites which have L2TP / IKEv2 VPNs configured (various server/router hardware and configurations). In all cases though we use the Windows 10 in-built vpn client to connect and all are configured with pre-shared keys and typically RADIUS...
  9. Missing WAN Miniports after upgrade

Missing WAN Miniports after upgrade: I upgraded a perfectly running Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro. Everything looked great after the upgrade but I did have to tweak a few things here and there. The problem came when I tried to Windows VPN to connect to my office and it just sites there at "Connecting to...
  10. wan miniport on pc

wan miniport on pc: Does not connect to modem anymore. I worked yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wan-miniport-on-pc/4f5b7f89-aa0f-43a7-81c1-b86ef4c4196a