Windows 10: wanna change size of vhdx from which windows was booted

Discus and support wanna change size of vhdx from which windows was booted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So there is a problem, I have Server, Windows Server 2016 boots from vhdx( native boot or something, don't remember). So the problem is that at first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vasilich, Aug 1, 2019.

1. vasilich Win User

wanna change size of vhdx from which windows was booted

So there is a problem, I have Server, Windows Server 2016 boots from vhdx( native boot or something, don't remember). So the problem is that at first installation I set really small size of vhdx, 40 Gb, don't know why, but I did, my bad. At first, it was enough for stable work, but now I have only 5 Gb free space and wanna expand vhdx disk to 100 Gb. So in this windows booted from vhdx, I open Hyper-V and press editing vhdx, I can choose the vhdx with Windows, and it looks like I can change the size of it, but I don't know what'll happen when I press proceed. I have some doubts about it. Could it be changed without any consequences? BTW vhdx is fixed, not dynamic. Problem is that there are a lot of users using server every day, I can't just risk to shutdown the server. Problem not critical yet, and Server will work normally for some time. For those who might say that this forum about Windows 10 - It doesn't matter, 'cause it's all the same +/- The same situation can exist with Windows 10.
    Will be glad to hear some thoughts about the problem.

:)

vasilich, Aug 1, 2019

2. How to install vhdx image onto win 10 new computer

I tried to locate my system volume but it wasn't listed. This might be because my hard drive is going bad *Shock

So at this point I'll probably reinstall Windows to another drive.

Is there a way to take my Windows 10 VHDX file and apply it to another drive so that drive will boot?

Note: The VHDX I'm referring to was created using Disk2VHD. Is that all I needed to do to create a bootable VHDX, or were there more steps involved? This is my first time trying this so please forgive my ignorance *Huh

Day Trooper, Aug 1, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 1, 2019
  4. wanna change size of vhdx from which windows was booted

how do i change the font size?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on system.
    • Under display tab there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

wanna change size of vhdx from which windows was booted

1. wanna change size of vhdx from which windows was booted - Similar Threads - wanna change size

2. Native VHDX boot - Windows won't use a pagefile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native VHDX boot - Windows won't use a pagefile: Right now I'm booting off of a VHDX file natively. Works great, except no matter what I do, Windows won't create or use a page file! I did some research, and unlike when the VHDX is booted in Hyper-V, native VHDX boot won't put hiberfil.sys, pagefile.sys, and swapfile.sys on...
  3. Native VHDX boot - Windows won't use a pagefile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native VHDX boot - Windows won't use a pagefile: Right now I'm booting off of a VHDX file natively. Works great, except no matter what I do, Windows won't create or use a page file! I did some research, and unlike when the VHDX is booted in Hyper-V, native VHDX boot won't put hiberfil.sys, pagefile.sys, and swapfile.sys on...
  4. Native booting vhdx file not working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Native booting vhdx file not working: I've been trying to native boot Win10 on a vhdx virtual disk. I'm following this guide: You are being redirected.... Everything seems to work as it should. But when I reboot the system the following error is shown: [img] I'm testing this in a VMWare VM with UEFI boot and...
  5. Dual boot using vhdx file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot using vhdx file: [ATTACH] Has anyone done this successfully? I'm trying to test this in a VM (VMWare Workstation) following https://win10.guru/native-boot-vhd-dual-boot-made-easy/. Everything seems to go to plan. However on rebooting I get the following:...
  6. DualBoot Windows 10 with native boot on vhdx file.

DualBoot Windows 10 with native boot on vhdx file.: hello everyone, I need to try cortana reminders on the 2004 version. I have vmware but I would like to try to install on my hardware if possible with a dual boot. I would like to use native boot on vhdx file. I have seen tutorials and I have partially prepared a dos...
  7. Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX): Hi everyone. I have a big problem and I'm going crazy. Let's see if someone can help me. I have a virtualized windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 in its HyperV vhdx file, but I have inadvertently deleted the boot partition and now the HyperV does not start the machine. I do not...
  8. how to Boot into a vhdx file

how to Boot into a vhdx file: Hi I have created a VHDX file attached it and cloned a copy of widows onto it ( which includes the boot sector)? What I want to do is add this to my boot menu and see if it works. I've read lots of tutorials but they mostly concentrate on making the VHDX file. I am a bit...
  9. Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V

Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V: Hey all, I created a .vhdx in disk management, initialised, new volume and formatted. Deployed Win 10 Insider 17754 to it using dism /apply-image etc. Updated the bcd store on main OS, booted to .vhdx natively no issues. Now since MSoft doesn't allow the upgrade to newer...
  10. wanna change size of vhdx from which windows was booted

wanna change size of vhdx from which windows was booted: So there is a problem, I have Server, Windows Server 2016 boots from vhdx( native boot or something, don't remember). So the problem is that at first installation I set really small size of vhdx, 40 Gb, don't know why, but I did, my bad. At first, it was enough for stable...