Windows 10: Wanna replace the motherboard and CPU and move Windows 10 to the new build and remove it...

Discus and support Wanna replace the motherboard and CPU and move Windows 10 to the new build and remove it... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! My Windows 10 is a free upgrade from a genuine physical copy of Windows 7 still have the package and it is activated. Does this combination... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Abdulelah Ramadan, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Wanna replace the motherboard and CPU and move Windows 10 to the new build and remove it...

Hello!

My Windows 10 is a free upgrade from a genuine physical copy of Windows 7 still have the package and it is activated.

Does this combination allow me to move Windows 10 to a new computer? New motherboard and CPU make it a new computer, I believe.

I linked Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account. I can see the current computer with Windows 10 on it.

I don't want to make a wrong move and nuke my license or something. Can I just install Windows 10 to the new computer and use my Microsoft Account to activate? The System page says it is activate it. I remember it used to be digitally activated when I first linked Windows 10 to my email at some point but guess that won't make a difference.

:)

Abdulelah Ramadan, Jul 2, 2020
  2. drumboots Win User

Replacing motherboard and CPU with Windows 10

There appear to be many dozens of articles and posts on the subject of replacing hardware in systems running Windows 10, but none of them (none of the dozens I have read at least) appear to offer a definitive answer or clear direction. At best the responses
    I have found amount to "you may or may not need to jump through hoops after replacing your motherboard." Not helpful at all.

My PC was installed with a fresh copy Windows 10 Home (not upgraded from a previous version) using a new retail license. I then "upgraded" the system to Windows 10 Edu using an Edu license acquired via my University.

Is there anything I should do before replacing my motherboard (and CPU)?

Is there anything I will need to do after replacing my motherboard (and CPU)?

Thanks,

Mark

drumboots, Jul 2, 2020
  3. bkkdude57 Win User
    Replacement Motherboard and CPU for Windows 10

Hi all,

When Windows 8 was released, I bought 2 licences for Laptop and desktop to upgrade from Windows 7. Later both upgraded to Windows 8.1. I upgraded both to Windows 10 last August. Now, due to motherboard fault, I need to replace the motherboard, and would
    like to take the opportunity to change the cpu from AMD to Intel, therefore needing to change motherboard and CPU. I will be using the original hard-drive with the Window 10 OS. What issues will I have on rebooting after the change? If a big problem, I
    can just replace the mothboard, but would really like to replace both.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

bkkdude57, Jul 2, 2020
  4. bkkdude57 Win User

Wanna replace the motherboard and CPU and move Windows 10 to the new build and remove it...

Replacement Motherboard and CPU for Windows 10

Hi again,

With reference to my post yesterday about replacing motherboard; My cuurent motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-F2A88X -UP4. If I replace it with the identical motherboard and use the same CPU, will I be able to boot up?

Best regards

bkkdude57, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Wanna replace the motherboard and CPU and move Windows 10 to the new build and remove it...

1. Wanna replace the motherboard and CPU and move Windows 10 to the new build and remove it... - Similar Threads - Wanna replace motherboard

2. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard: Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with my MS account to reactivate my license?I would like to address the potential problem in advance, instead of risking having to...
  3. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard: Summary: Can I move the SSD with my Windows 10 OS OEM license which is digitally connected with my MS account to my new motherboard, and sign in with my MS account to reactivate my license?I would like to address the potential problem in advance, instead of risking having to...
  4. Moving Windows 10 to a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.: Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software and system now tells me it needs activating - and no error code is produced by the system. The inability to communicate...
  6. Moving Windows to a new CPU and Motherboard

Moving Windows to a new CPU and Motherboard: Hi, I am upgrading my motherboard and wonder what will happen when I move my version of windows to this new piece of hardware. I have my Microsoft account linked to my digital license, so I have heard that when booting on the new motherboard ASUS STRIX Z390-E Windows will do...
  7. Motherboard died - moving install to new computer build - windows 10 key

Motherboard died - moving install to new computer build - windows 10 key: Built a computer in 2011, with a new Windows 7 license. Sometime later took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10. Last week the motherboard on that computer died. Will be building a new computer (new motherboard, CPU, memory). Can I download Windows 10 from the...
  8. Replacing motherboard and CPU with Windows 10

Replacing motherboard and CPU with Windows 10: There appear to be many dozens of articles and posts on the subject of replacing hardware in systems running Windows 10, but none of them (none of the dozens I have read at least) appear to offer a definitive answer or clear direction. At best the responses I have found...
  9. Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10

Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10: I hope someone can provide me with the some guidance. The scenario is this: I'm updating the mobo, cpu and ram in my PC to AMD Ryzen 2700X and a Gigabyte x470. All the other components including the hard drive will be the same. I'll be reformatting the hard drive and...
  10. New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard and CPU: Ok I think I am having to give up on what on earth is wrong with my Ivy Bridge build (2012) and replace the board (and CPU) with either of these Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming3 ATX 1151 Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming3 | shopping express online (impressive price) or Gigabyte...