Windows 10: Wanna switch my windows drive to m.2 and reset fresh

Discus and support Wanna switch my windows drive to m.2 and reset fresh in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title submitted by /u/Lakeroad1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmw2uq/wanna_switch_my_windows_drive_to_m2_and_reset/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lakeroad1, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Wanna switch my windows drive to m.2 and reset fresh

/u/Lakeroad1, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Luisarte Win User

I m installing a fresh copy of windows 10 thru usb on M.2 samsung drive Set up doesnot finish

Original Title: Samsung M.2 on windows 10

Im installing a fresh copy of windows 10 thru usb on M.2 samsung drive. Im using a gigabyte motherboard. It does not work. Set up does.

Not finish. Do you guys have a special way to install windows 10 on M.2 drive?

Luisarte, Feb 18, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    Adapter for M.2 Drive

The adapter "steve108" listed is of the correct type.

You need one that supports a SATA M.2 drive, and the B+M slots. M.2 - Wikipedia

bobkn, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Wanna switch my windows drive to m.2 and reset fresh

Fresh Install of Windows 10 on new M.2 SSD not being recognized in BIOS

Hi,

Seems boot loader was placed to old drive.

I'd suggest to reinstall Windows with only M.2 drive attached.

Igor Leyko, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Wanna switch my windows drive to m.2 and reset fresh

1. Wanna switch my windows drive to m.2 and reset fresh - Similar Threads - Wanna switch drive

2. Struggling to Install Windows to an M.2 Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Struggling to Install Windows to an M.2 Drive: MOBO: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFICPU: 5600XRAM: 16GB 3600MHZ DDR4GPU: PALIT 980BIOS VERSION: E7C95AMS.2D0M.2 DRIVE: Crucial P3 Plus 2TBOTHER DRIVES: NoneI am currently trying to install windows on my MIL's new m.2 drive in her desktop PC.When in UEFI mode the bios does not...
  3. M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS: sometimes it doesn't and I tried to install a new operating system after the installation m laptop goes to bios as if the is not drive in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-drive-problems/5b214040-b5ac-4c1e-bb6c-df57104c971e
  4. M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS: sometimes it doesn't and I tried to install a new operating system after the installation m laptop goes to bios as if the is not drive in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-drive-problems/5b214040-b5ac-4c1e-bb6c-df57104c971e
  5. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  6. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  7. Slow boot up after fresh install on new m.2 drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot up after fresh install on new m.2 drive: Hello all first post here I did a brand new installation of windows on my new m.2 drive I used a usb to do that and installed Windows 10 pro on my new sn850 1 TV m.2 drive . Since doing so windows takes upto a minute to load on my old samsung 980 Evo took a matter of seconds...
  8. Slow boot up after fresh install on new m.2 drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot up after fresh install on new m.2 drive: Hello all first post here I did a brand new installation of windows on my new m.2 drive I used a usb to do that and installed Windows 10 pro on my new sn850 1 TV m.2 drive . Since doing so windows takes upto a minute to load on my old samsung 980 Evo took a matter of seconds...
  9. Adapter for M.2 Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adapter for M.2 Drive: I need an adapter to check the condition of a Kingston 128gb SSD NGFF M.2. I need to be able to plug it into a card that can then connect via USB to another PC. I've got a few adapters but not one for this drive. Any idea which adapter I need? This is the drive Kingston...
  10. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...