Windows 10: WannaCrypt Ransomeware

Discus and support WannaCrypt Ransomeware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; WannaCrypt Ransomeware in action...live video. WannaCry Ransomware in Action | NSA Exploit based - YouTube 84557 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dencal, May 15, 2017.

1. dencal Win User

WannaCrypt Ransomeware

dencal, May 15, 2017

2. Security - WannaCrypt ransomware

As long as your Windows is fully updated and your Anti-Virus is updated, then you are protected against this malware. WannaCrypt is already being detect with Windows Defender in Windows 10 and other Microsoft Anti-Malware product as

Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt

I suggest , take a look at:

Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks

Cyber_Defend_Team, May 15, 2017
  3. Which OS build protects my Windows 10 PC from wannacry

Hi Meijereh,

Regarding you concern about the WannaCrypt ransomware. We highly suggest that you keep your system on the latest build, as WannaCrypt targets out-of-date systems. Click
    here for guidance on WannaCrypt attacks.

Regards.

Radney Dri, May 15, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

WannaCrypt Ransomeware

The video shows the supposedly safe Windows 10 being hijacked by Wanacrypt in a vm.

How's that work then?

Fafhrd, May 15, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    Sounds to me like that VM isn't patched if I understand the video correctly.

6. Mystere Win User
    It's clearly an older version of Windows 10. If you look in the bottom right taskbar, you see the notification icon to the left of the clock, this change was made a very long time ago (don't remember exactly when.. pre-AU? That's probably an original release Windows 10.

The exploit was only patched a few months ago.

Mystere, May 16, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    Interesting - in that video, it shows the UAC popping up for the command to delete all shadow copies. Usually infections will run this silently. But, it's something to note: if someone does get infected, and they're paying attention to the UAC and don't allow it, they will be able to recover using shadow copies.

Also note that the encryption has already been done by the time the AV throws a warning.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WannaCrypt Ransomeware

1. WannaCrypt Ransomeware - Similar Threads - WannaCrypt Ransomeware

2. ransomeware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ransomeware: Any methods of fix redeem ransomware atttack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomeware/cf1e3208-dd7d-4f0c-be2c-b918890ab17b
  3. ransomeware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ransomeware: Any methods of fix redeem ransomware atttack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomeware/cf1e3208-dd7d-4f0c-be2c-b918890ab17b
  4. How Do I decrypt/Recover Ransomeware affected files ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I decrypt/Recover Ransomeware affected files ?: My PC has been attacked by Ransomeware, How Do i remove it and also how can I decrypt files encrypted by ransomeware? .ztap is the extension that shows on doc, media and images file. How can I recover them, I have tried using Back up recovery but it doesn't work since I dont...
  5. i have ransomeware protection turned on, however when controlled file changes are blocked i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have ransomeware protection turned on, however when controlled file changes are blocked i...: I have been using ransomeware protection for a long while and I was creating an app, thus what I did was typed Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted into windows powershell, and accepted it for all, now nothing is showing up in the protection history and I do not wish to reset my...
  6. i have ransomeware protection turned on, however when controlled file changes are blocked i...

i have ransomeware protection turned on, however when controlled file changes are blocked i...: I have been using ransomeware protection for a long while and I was creating an app, thus what I did was typed Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted into windows powershell, and accepted it for all, now nothing is showing up in the protection history and I do not wish to reset my...
  7. how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?

how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?: how to remove ransomewares?How to decrypt files encrypted by ransomeware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-ransomeware-encrypted-files/e7beee25-34f7-4ef1-8d45-e846e35763d4
  8. how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to recover Ransomeware encrypted files?: how to remove ransomewares?How to decrypt files encrypted by ransomeware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-ransomeware-encrypted-files/e7beee25-34f7-4ef1-8d45-e846e35763d4
  9. Microsoft - Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft - Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks: Microsoft solution available to protect additional productsToday many of our customers around the world and the critical systems they depend on were victims of malicious “WannaCrypt” software. Seeing businesses and individuals affected by cyberattacks, such as the ones...
  10. Microsoft patches Windows XP to fight 'WannaCrypt' attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft patches Windows XP to fight 'WannaCrypt' attacks: Microsoft officially ended its support for most Windows XP computers back in 2014, but today it's delivering one more public patch for the 16-year-old OS. As described in a post on its Windows Security blog, it's taking this "highly unusual" step after customers worldwide...