Windows 10: Want a program to create a list of my files

Discus and support Want a program to create a list of my files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know there's a command prompt to do this, but it only works on the current folder. I have folders within folders and I need a program to easily list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nights, Mar 19, 2016.

1. nights Win User

Want a program to create a list of my files

I know there's a command prompt to do this, but it only works on the current folder. I have folders within folders and I need a program to easily list all those files.

:)

nights, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Riel Alc Win User

I need to add a program to the list of Default programs

Hi Don,

It seems that the .gsk file is having a problem with Windows 10. To better assist you with this, we suggest posting your query in GSAK forum.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Mar 19, 2016
  3. I need to add a program to the list of Default programs

I navigate to Default apps in Settings, then select Set defaults by app. The list of programs does not show GSAK, the program that I want to open a GSAK macro file, type .gsk. I have associated the type .gsk file type with GSAK in the 'Associate file types
    with specific apps' function, but when I try to start the macro by double clicking the macro file, I get an editor as if I am editing an .html file. The macro does not run.

GSAK and its macro functionality work fine on my Windows 7 system, but on Windows 10, no. How can one add programs to the Default program list?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DonMasonZQ, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

dir /s
    lists current and all child folder contents

Word Man, Mar 19, 2016
  5. Wynona Win User
    Not exactly what I expected, Word Man. *Smile

I have 22,183 files on this computer, 99.44 percent of which are unrecognizable to me because they're just numbers/code.

I don't think this is what the OP wanted at all. *Sad

Wynona, Mar 19, 2016
  6. Word Man Win User
    If OP is more specific, Wynona, I can be more specific.

How about the whole c: drive, listed on desktop in a text file?

dir /s c:\ > "%userprofile\desktop\cdrivefiles.txt"

[This yields a 24.4 MB text file to my desktop! *chuckle]

and many more variations available as described by the output of "dir/?"

Depends on the end use whether command prompt will suffice or whether a "program" is needed.

It's not actually the case, as asserted by OP, that:
    WizTree's not bad for a free program: Antibody Software - Home Perhaps that's the kind of response OP was looking for? Your guess may be better than mine unless OP responds to specify.

Word Man, Mar 19, 2016
  7. nights Win User
    Thanks, guess I was using the wrong one before.

nights, Mar 19, 2016
  8. Word Man Win User

No problem, nights. You're welcome.

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Want a program to create a list of my files - Similar Threads - program create list

2. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create list of files: I have a folder with 1100 files. I would like to create a list of the files in EXCEL to compare them to another list of files. How can I create this file list and put it in EXCEL?...
  3. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create list of files: I have a folder with 1100 files. I would like to create a list of the files in EXCEL to compare them to another list of files. How can I create this file list and put it in EXCEL?...
  4. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a File List at a Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Create a File List at a Command Prompt: From the directions on the support page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/196158/how-to-create-a-text-file-list-of-the-contents-of-a-folder dir > filename.txt doesn't work for me in Windows 10. I get the error "There is not enough space on this disk." Even though...
  6. want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want to uninstall program that was not listed in add remove program: while I was installing and uninstalling camtasia software there was a problem that prevents me from uninstalling first the program. then remove it and when i want to setup it again, error code 350...
  7. create list

create list: i do not have Word in W10 and want to create a list. Only have notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/create-list/3033c9be-756e-4fb3-a046-5838736317c6
  8. Program Files folders not listed in Dir

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Files folders not listed in Dir: I cannot "CD\Window\Program Files" from a administrator command prompt and if I do a "Dir", "Programs Files" and "Program Files (86)" are not listed. I have a folder that I want to change the attributes on and can't do it because I don't have access to the parent folder....
  9. Itemized List of All Installed Programs (I want to print this list)

Itemized List of All Installed Programs (I want to print this list): I know more than a few times I asked for tech support. Someone here had me run a program. While it did many things one thing it did, it created a text file with all the major (or all) programs installed on my computer. I guess that is necessary when helping me troubleshoot?...
  10. Itemized List of All Installed Programs (I want to print this list)

in Windows 10 Support
    Itemized List of All Installed Programs (I want to print this list): I know more than a few times I asked for tech support. Someone here had me run a program. While it did many things one thing it did, it created a text file with all the major (or all) programs installed on my computer. I guess that is necessary when helping me troubleshoot?...