Windows 10: Want complete instructions for changing keyboard calculator program

Discus and support Want complete instructions for changing keyboard calculator program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I want to invoke a different program than calc when the keyboard "Calculator" key is pressed. There are somewhat vague points made elsewhere about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WizardOfBoz, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Want complete instructions for changing keyboard calculator program

So I want to invoke a different program than calc when the keyboard "Calculator" key is pressed. There are somewhat vague points made elsewhere about editing the registry. As in
    Edit this registry key:

HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/explorer/appkey/18/ShellExecute

If it does not exist, create a String Value with name ShellExecute and as value the path to your program.

and

On Windows 10 HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/explorer/appkey/18 is empty. Edit: ShellExecute is a String Value that you have to make, and it's value should be the full path. These instructions are (to me) not clear. Do I create a key? Or a string value? Can someone clarify? Do I right click on
    HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/explorer/appkey/18/
    and create a key called shellexecute?

Thanks.

:)

WizardOfBoz, Aug 14, 2020

2. Instructions to change board?

Boot off of the windows CD, repair your XP partition (hopefully you won't have to reinstall windows), install drivers, and you're good to go. You'll see dual channel mode in the BIOS splash screen results from POST. It'll be pretty obvious *Stick Out Tongue Want complete instructions for changing keyboard calculator program :p. Here's a list of general tweaks for the 939Dual-SATA2.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP. EDIT- new BIOS's mess around with this order, can't be too sure on it, but yeah at least you know what the RAM timings stand for *Big Grin Want complete instructions for changing keyboard calculator program :D.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer.

zekrahminator, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Changing Calculator Key on Sculpt Keyboard

1. Yes I am referring to a third party application.

2. With the Comfort 5000, I was able to change the functionality of various shortcut buttons on the keyboard. To change the calculator app, all I had to do was go to the Mouse and Keyboard Center, go to basic settings, scroll down to calculator and then
    browse to select the app I wanted it to open. I tried to do these steps with the Scuplt, but I don't see where it's anything that plain and simple.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

DaraTremblay, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Want complete instructions for changing keyboard calculator program

Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Want complete instructions for changing keyboard calculator program

1. Want complete instructions for changing keyboard calculator program - Similar Threads - complete instructions changing

2. Keyboard Calculator Shortcut - Opens Calculator but I must click within program to start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Calculator Shortcut - Opens Calculator but I must click within program to start...: So my problem is after using my logitech wireless keyboard calculator button to successfully open the default windows calculator program, I then must click into the program to start using it. For example, as I write this, I press the calc button on the keyboard and the...
  3. Keyboard Calculator Shortcut - Opens Calculator but I must click within program to start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Calculator Shortcut - Opens Calculator but I must click within program to start...: So my problem is after using my logitech wireless keyboard calculator button to successfully open the default windows calculator program, I then must click into the program to start using it. For example, as I write this, I press the calc button on the keyboard and the...
  4. Keyboard Calculator Shortcut - Opens Calculator but I must click within program to start...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I want to change keyboard setting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change keyboard setting.: I bought below keyboard. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/microsoft-bluetooth-keyboard/919v6qb80zg3?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&source=lp&activetab=pivot:overviewtabBut F1-F12 is need by with Fn key.I want to change type only F1-F12 key. Please teach me how to resolve....
  6. Standard Calculator Change?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Standard Calculator Change?: Until recently, I was always able to see each entry as a string across the top. Now, the calculator is treating each entry as if I'm hitting the equal sign and making it an individual calculation with no relationship to the one before it or after it. What changed? Anyone have...
  7. dangerous program executes the instructions of an attacker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dangerous program executes the instructions of an attacker: Threat detected. This dangerous program executes the instructions of an attacker. Affected items. becavior: pid:8084:168995100298774 process: pid:8084,ProcessStart:132254872259092270...
  8. calculator suddenly changes

calculator suddenly changes: I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots function on the same "page". Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function. [img] Same...
  9. calculator suddenly changes

in Windows 10 Support
    calculator suddenly changes: I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots function on the same "page". Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function. [img] Same...
  10. the calculator on the keyboard

the calculator on the keyboard: This is a new HP I5 core, model Da0073ms. The keyboard came with a numeric keyboard. The numeric keyboard does not work. If you depress a key, it will not display. It causes the cursor to moves to a beginning position or ending position of type written information. How...