Windows 10: Want Firefox, but Google Always Opens. What's Happening ?

Discus and support Want Firefox, but Google Always Opens. What's Happening ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Always something new, I guess. Whatever Browser icon I click on, it goes to Google web page "Advanced Search" I just downloaded Firefox, and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Robert11, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

Want Firefox, but Google Always Opens. What's Happening ?

Hello,

Always something new, I guess.

Whatever Browser icon I click on, it goes to Google web page "Advanced Search"

I just downloaded Firefox, and I get the Firefox shortcut icon, but again when I click
    on it, it opens up as Google. Don't want Google. Never did this before.

If I go to Program Files/Mozilla Firefox, the Firefox Application is there.
    But again, clicking on it takes me to Google.

What's happening ?

How do I get it to just go to Firefox ?

Thanks for help,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Nov 6, 2020
  2. MargieOR Win User

Google Chrome and Mozilla firefox do not open

I have installed windows 10 but both google chrome and Mozilla firefox do not open. I have reinstalled firefox with what is supposed to be able to open in windows 10 but nothing happens.

MargieOR, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Google Chrome and Mozilla firefox do not open

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

1. Are you able to open all the other programs in Windows 10?

2. Did you install the latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on your computer?

I would suggest you to install the latest Version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Florio Win User

Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site

My son's laptop has Windows 10 as its OS, the latest version of Firefox, no antivirus (just Windows Defender). When he tries to open Google, a message comes up that the site is insecure, and there is no possibility to add a certificate. Does anyone know how to get around this? I've tried the various things suggested online, but Google will just not open (even though it will open if he uses Edge or Chrome as a browser).*Confused

Florio, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Want Firefox, but Google Always Opens. What's Happening ? - Similar Threads - Firefox Google Always

2. Windows search bar opens always Microsoft edge and i want it to open google

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar opens always Microsoft edge and i want it to open google: Whenever I hit the Windows button on the keyboard or on the taskbar and enter a term to search, it will always open in edge with a Bing search, even though my default browser is Chrome. I've tried to change it in edge so it will open google instead of Bing but this doe still...
  3. Windows search bar opens always Microsoft edge and i want it to open google

in Cortana
    Windows search bar opens always Microsoft edge and i want it to open google: Whenever I hit the Windows button on the keyboard or on the taskbar and enter a term to search, it will always open in edge with a Bing search, even though my default browser is Chrome. I've tried to change it in edge so it will open google instead of Bing but this doe still...
  4. Signing into Google in Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing into Google in Firefox: I'm currently on Windows 10. When I sign into Google in Firefox, close the Firefox application and open it up again it doesn't remember that I signed into Google. How do I set Firefox so that I stay signed into Google. submitted by /u/Maximus34672 [link] [comments]...
  5. what happened to the distill google chrome option

in Browsers and Email
    what happened to the distill google chrome option: Anyone have the 411 on why this is no longer an option. I used it extensively. Google Chrome is up to date Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). It would appear that I am not the only one who discovered it's absence: Reader Mode Not Availabe - Google Chrome Help...
  6. I want programs to open in background, always.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want programs to open in background, always.: Hi Lets say I'm typing an email, and I know I need to open up another program, let say Photoshop. So I start Photoshop and continue typing my email. Now while Photoshop is opening up, it gives me a welcome screen. So I have to alt-Tab away from that. And then when Photoshop...
  7. From Firefox 64.0.0 to 64.0.2, what happened to 64.0.1?

in Browsers and Email
    From Firefox 64.0.0 to 64.0.2, what happened to 64.0.1?: Suddenly I noticed this, why did FF skip a version? Or did I missed an update? Whatever happened to 64.0.1? I never got that, straight to 64.0.2... Strange.*Confused 125221
  8. Getting Google on Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Google on Firefox: I have my default search engine set for Google in Firefox. But Firefox will not allow google to come up. I get this error message: "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page". It does this twice after I click "allow" and then instead of...
  9. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  10. Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site

in Browsers and Email
    Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site: My son's laptop has Windows 10 as its OS, the latest version of Firefox, no antivirus (just Windows Defender). When he tries to open Google, a message comes up that the site is insecure, and there is no possibility to add a certificate. Does anyone know how to get around...