Windows 10: Want Google as my Browser.

Discus and support Want Google as my Browser. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi just purchased a new computer with windows 10 installed and it will not allow me to CHANGE to Google Chrome as my browser telling me it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Monte Zenia, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Want Google as my Browser.

Hi just purchased a new computer with windows 10 installed and it will not allow me to CHANGE to Google Chrome as my browser telling me it automatically goes to Microsoft Edge, Infurating I should like a choice have not the faclitiy in browser search to CHANGE please assist I feel like returning my product.

:)

Monte Zenia, Oct 26, 2018

2. Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

If googles browser is going to be anything like their search engine is getting No Thanks. I can't even use google.com basic setup without getting popup suggestions while I'm typing what I want to search. Google was nice because it was basic, simple, easy, worked.

Darkrealms, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Wshlist Win User
    Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

You can disable the new dropdown suggestion feature of google in google-settings, although those are saved in a cookie so you must allow cookies from google, or do it each visit.
    But I don't like it either, and I blocked google cookies so the settings thing is not practical for me.

@peach1971
    I agree, that underhanded cookie system from flash is nasty, and all those companies are all to happy to keep it under cloak and exploit it too.
    And additionally I noticed on my system that sometimes the settings to not allow flashcookies 'magically' resets :[
    And it probably also resets when you update the flash plugin, no doubt 'by accident'.

Wshlist, Oct 26, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Want Google as my Browser.

Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Google plans to launch its very own web-browser software in competition to Microsoft Internet Explorer called Google Chrome. The new browser according to entries at the official Google blog suggest the driving force behind the browser is to provide value-added features to its users, at the same time, help drive innovation on the web. It is claimed that the browser is tailored to give the most out of common tasks on the internet as a web-browser has become a very significant component of the connected PC.

The browser designed to be streamlined and simple for you to accomplish tasks quickly and easily by offering enhanced address-bar features and other elements that are very different from those on other browsers. The product will be open-source. Says the blog post "To most people, it isn't the browser that matters. It's only a tool to run the important stuff -- the pages, sites and applications that make up the web. Like the classic Google homepage, Google Chrome is clean and fast. It gets out of your way and gets you where you want to go."

Google released a comic book explaining its design approach towards the web-browser, it can be read here. Under the hood, Google claims the browser to have what it takes to run complex web-applications any by keeping each browser tab in its "sandbox", the probability of a web-application crash on one tab affecting other tabs is eradicated. A beta version of this browser software would be released in over 100 countries tomorrow, September the 2nd.

Want Google as my Browser. 49a_thm.jpg

Sources: The Wall Street Journal, Official Google Blog

btarunr, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Want Google as my Browser.

1. Want Google as my Browser. - Similar Threads - Google Browser

2. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  3. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  4. Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update: Google chrome browser is not filling the computer screen after installing Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034848. I tried uninstalling and installing it back but did not work. Thank you in advance for the help....
  5. Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update

Google chrome browser is not maximizing / filling the computer screen after windows update: Google chrome browser is not filling the computer screen after installing Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034848. I tried uninstalling and installing it back but did not work. Thank you in advance for the help....
  6. Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H': For the last few days, if I try to search in Chrome either in the address bar or on Google home page, doesn't matter IF the search starts with 'H' the whole browser closes. Has anyone seen something like that? I type an h as the second letter, or third, or anywhere else in...
  7. Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H'

Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H': For the last few days, if I try to search in Chrome either in the address bar or on Google home page, doesn't matter IF the search starts with 'H' the whole browser closes. Has anyone seen something like that? I type an h as the second letter, or third, or anywhere else in...
  8. Browser closes when I submit a Google search that starts with 'H'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11?: why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11? I do not want to go through Edge to install, only want to use Chrome. It keep asking me over and over to install no matter what. Space is not the issue on my computer. I do not believe it is being blocked by firewalls....
  10. why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11?

why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11?: why cannot install google chrome browser on windows 11? I do not want to go through Edge to install, only want to use Chrome. It keep asking me over and over to install no matter what. Space is not the issue on my computer. I do not believe it is being blocked by firewalls....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. want google as mybrowser

2. iwant google as my browser

3. I want google as my browser NOT Edge