Windows 10: want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

Discus and support want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use monitor 2 as a customer facing monitor for teaching, I want my desktop on monitor 1. Because I cant see monitor 2, I would like to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joelmetcalf, May 26, 2020.

1. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

I use monitor 2 as a customer facing monitor for teaching, I want my desktop on monitor 1. Because I cant see monitor 2, I would like to be able to see a mirror of it on monitor 1 without swapping 1 and 2. i do not want the customer facing monitor 2 to show my desk top. how can I make this happen.

:)

joelmetcalf, May 26, 2020
  2. pizza.dan Win User

Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, May 26, 2020
  3. pizza.dan Win User
    Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

The computer I am using is setup to run a presentation software, presenting to two large HD Tvs. The main control monitor is set as number 2, while the display monitors are set to number 1. The problem happens because the displays are running into a HDMI
    splitter. The power of this is connected to a light switch that is used to power the sound equipment. When working with just the control monitor everything is fine, but when the sound system is powered on, I loose display to my control monitor. To fix this,
    I need to turn on the mini display monitor next to the control, and then display comes back to control. I have switched the output cords on the graphics card numerous times, and windows automatically switches them back. I need the control monitor to become
    monitor 1 so that once the sound equipment is turned on it doesn't mess up my display. I have set screen 2 as my main display, its just that when monitor 1 comes on windows wants to put it on that..

pizza.dan, May 26, 2020
  4. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

Hello sunconference, the reason why the Monitor is showing 1/2 is beacuse your current settings is set to Duplicate Displays. If you change that to EXTENDED then you will going to see Monitor 1 and 2 separately and you can change that under settings.

want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2 dce0808f-1a93-41b8-9b05-36bebfa8dc72?upload=true.jpg

Paul_Mykel, May 26, 2020
Thema:

want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

1. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2 - Similar Threads - monitor stay change

2. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  3. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  6. Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1: Hi, I have a problem in which whenever I turn my PC on my shortcuts move to monitor 2 and do not stay on monitor 1 which is my main. I tried updating drivers, unchecking auto arrange icons, unplugging monitos but nothing worked.. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks...
  7. Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1

Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1: Hello, I've recently got a two monitor setup on my Windows 10. I want to set my main monitor 144hz as monitor 1. Currently it is displayed as monitor 2. Is there a way to switch these monitors? I've set my 144hz monitor as my main display in the display settings....
  8. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  9. Switching which monitor is 1 or 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching which monitor is 1 or 2: I would like to switch which monitor is 1 or 2 in a dual monitor setup. I realize I can select which monitor is my default monitor but this is not sufficient. When I use windows key+P If I choose "computer monitor" it does not go to my default monitor. The other issue is,...
  10. 1 monitors 2 printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 monitors 2 printers: how do I get my screen and printouts to show black properly as black not grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1-monitors-2-printers/7971484a-14b1-4a85-a6e0-f047d86915b8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual monitor why cant i change 1 and 2?