Windows 10: Want my PDF reader back

Discus and support Want my PDF reader back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Imo, one of the best free (basic version) PDF programs is PDF Split and Merge which gives features often only in paid versions ie ability to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Want my PDF reader back

Hi there

was looking for a program to merge pdf pages
    This seems fine. I don't care about the interface so long as it does its job --which it does !!!.
    At work we use Adobe Acrobat which is hideous and is only licensed for work - at home though was looking for ability to merge / add pages etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
  2. milford Win User

I just got an update Today. As a result, my PDF reader no longer works. *Sleepy Its telling me to use Edge as a reader. I've installed Sumatra Reader, but would like the Microsoft PDF reader back. Any way to get it working again?

:)

milford, Apr 14, 2018
  3. pdf reaeder not work

Thanks MR. Krishna for ur support.

I were using pdf from my hard disk. Before resetting my windows I was use default window pdf app "Reader" to open it but after resetting I have to download an additional app "acrobat reader" to open it. I want to use reader app instead of Microsoft edge
    or acrobat reader. so how can I get it back again...?

rishabmalik, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Want my PDF reader back

Please bring back Reader - I am going to a third-party app, NOT Edge

I have to agree with Michael. This was a fantastically simple PDF reader.

I used it on my Surface as it allowed me to sign PDF's simply by using my Surface Pen (I didn't need to select commenting or any other option - just lift the pen and sign!).

It worked perfectly as I imagine most PDF users want a PDF reader to work - no muss, no fuss.

EDGE?? Come on Microsoft, are you really pushing us to use a browser for something so simple as PDF reading?

Please bring the Reader app back, pretty please?!

PatrickCage, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    The Reader App has been discontinued...

Want my PDF reader back [​IMG]

... installing it is merely a prompt to switch to Edge for PDF Reader! *Confused

I suggest Adobe Reader Touch, it's quite good...

Edwin, Apr 14, 2018
  6. Thank you @Edwin

I was wanting a PDF reader myself and just kept forgetting to look on this forum or ask lol.

Access Denied, Apr 14, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    I forgot...
    Xodo is also an excellent one, runs a little heavier than the Adobe one but, more feature rich!

Edwin, Apr 14, 2018
  8. milford Win User

Want my PDF reader back

I tried Xodo. No. For some reason, the words printing out are blurry. I went back to Sumatra, and I get sharp words. Haven't tried Adobe yet. Only got 3-1/2 stars.

milford, Apr 14, 2018
  9. Barman58 Win User
    I've been using the Nitro Reader for many years I does a lot more for the money than either Adobe Reader or Microsoft PDF

The Best Free PDF Reader and Viewer | Nitro PDF Reader

THe reader that is More than enough for most users is the totally free version The Best Free PDF Reader and Viewer | Nitro PDF Reader There is a fully fledged PDF package that creates files and all sorts of Fancy things but I've never needed It

I also run a copy of the Free version of PDFCreator which runs as a Virtual Printer and will print any document from other applications as a PDF with lots of control on format & Security, but will also create various graphics files

pdfforge | PDFCreator - Download for free, download pdf printer, pdf writer, pdf maker

Barman58, Apr 14, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    Imo, one of the best free (basic version) PDF programs is PDF Split and Merge which gives features often only in paid versions ie ability to delete pages, add pages, split pdf, merge pdfs etc. Maybe not the best reader but without a doubt a very useful tool to have.

cereberus, Apr 14, 2018
  11. milford Win User
    Nitro works. I just noticed something. Nitro and Sumatra both installed thru the computer. (Setup.exe?) Both are printing clear and sharp. Xodo and Adobe were Apps that installed ( in the background). These were blurry. Funny thing, the Microsoft Reader was an App, but it printed sharp.

Thats enough. I have Sumatra and Nitro to play with.

Thanks everyone for the help.

milford, Apr 14, 2018
  12. I personally like the free version of Foxit Reader to either export documents to .PDF or print to .PDF with the option to use high quality 2400 DPI resolution.

Foxit Software | Best PDF Software & PDF Solutions

Neil Macready, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

Want my PDF reader back

1. Want my PDF reader back - Similar Threads - PDF reader

2. How can I get Adobe PDF Reader to work on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get Adobe PDF Reader to work on Windows 11?: I had Adobe PDF Reader already installed. I uninstalled because it stopped working and reinstalled Adobe PDF Reader a second time. It will not open. I have Windows 11. when I troubleshoot I get a small screen says "unrecognizable System." How can I get it to work??...
  3. How can I get Adobe PDF Reader to work on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get Adobe PDF Reader to work on Windows 11?: I had Adobe PDF Reader already installed. I uninstalled because it stopped working and reinstalled Adobe PDF Reader a second time. It will not open. I have Windows 11. when I troubleshoot I get a small screen says "unrecognizable System." How can I get it to work??...
  4. A problem with acrobat reader reading pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem with acrobat reader reading pdf: Hello I know I may ask on the acrobat community, but I tried there many times finding no solution ever worksThe error is : An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem....
  5. A problem with acrobat reader reading pdf

A problem with acrobat reader reading pdf: Hello I know I may ask on the acrobat community, but I tried there many times finding no solution ever worksThe error is : An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem....
  6. A problem with acrobat reader reading pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I have Adobe Acrobat reader, by my files with .PDF and .PPT were messed up by Notepad. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Adobe Acrobat reader, by my files with .PDF and .PPT were messed up by Notepad. How...: I accidentally saved a file as 'Notepad' and this caused my PDF and PPT files corrupted. How do I restore my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-adobe-acrobat-reader-by-my-files-with-pdf/acdd868a-83db-4cfb-9315-a320b6b56143
  8. I have Adobe Acrobat reader, by my files with .PDF and .PPT were messed up by Notepad. How...

I have Adobe Acrobat reader, by my files with .PDF and .PPT were messed up by Notepad. How...: I accidentally saved a file as 'Notepad' and this caused my PDF and PPT files corrupted. How do I restore my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-adobe-acrobat-reader-by-my-files-with-pdf/acdd868a-83db-4cfb-9315-a320b6b56143
  9. Windows will not let me install the Adobe PDF reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not let me install the Adobe PDF reader: I have a spanking brand new Windows 11 laptop. I need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader in order to print a Post Office shipping label. So I went to Adobe and downloaded the app. But every time I try to open the file, I get an error message that says The app you’re trying...
  10. Windows will not let me install the Adobe PDF reader

Windows will not let me install the Adobe PDF reader: I have a spanking brand new Windows 11 laptop. I need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader in order to print a Post Office shipping label. So I went to Adobe and downloaded the app. But every time I try to open the file, I get an error message that says The app you’re trying...