Windows 10: want no login screen in home pc. Possible?

Discus and support want no login screen in home pc. Possible? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 home 1903. I'm setting up this laptop for home use. I do not need a login screen at all. I changed my account password to just an "enter"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Curious, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Curious Win User

want no login screen in home pc. Possible?

Windows 10 home 1903. I'm setting up this laptop for home use. I do not need a login screen at all. I changed my account password to just an "enter" key but I still get a login screen when I open the lid to restore from sleep. Can I skip the entire login screen since there is essentially no password to enter? How? Thank you.

:)

Curious, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Flissa Win User

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Here is a screenshot of my two user accounts showing two different icons. When I login to either account the icon shows on welcome, login. lock, switch user and any other screen where users appear. Dont know much about png etc so never touched those files. I have found many things changed in Win10 from Win7. All I can say is my user icons are the way I want them and I changed them using the method I suggested. Sorry I cant solve your problem but I'm sure someone on this site will eventually come up with a better answer than me. Regards .

want no login screen in home pc. Possible? [​IMG]

Flissa, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 7, 2020
  4. want no login screen in home pc. Possible?

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

want no login screen in home pc. Possible?

1. want no login screen in home pc. Possible? - Similar Threads - login screen home

2. Remove Gamepass on Login Screen not possible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Gamepass on Login Screen not possible.: Removing it from startup and even uninstalling xbox apps completely is not getting rid of the gamepass advertisements.I dont want gamepass or the advertisements on my login screen, this is not startup it is before typing the password to enter windows. The service is disabled...
  3. Remove Gamepass on Login Screen not possible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Gamepass on Login Screen not possible.: Removing it from startup and even uninstalling xbox apps completely is not getting rid of the gamepass advertisements.I dont want gamepass or the advertisements on my login screen, this is not startup it is before typing the password to enter windows. The service is disabled...
  4. Login Remotely to pc at home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Login Remotely to pc at home: Hiya Community, My boss has tasked me to find out the following: How he can login into his computer at home while he is away abroad... Currently he has to phone home and ask a member of his family to ACCEPT the remote access request. I had always thought that if you...
  5. Possible Fake Login Screen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Fake Login Screen?: A computer i regularly use at work forced me to log in using my microsoft account today. This was unusual because i had been using this same PC for months, never had to log in before. It used a local account without a password to login. occasionally, within this local...
  6. want no login screen in home pc. Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    want no login screen in home pc. Possible?: Windows 10 home 1903. I'm setting up this laptop for home use. I do not need a login screen at all. I changed my account password to just an "enter" key but I still get a login screen when I open the lid to restore from sleep. Can I skip the entire login screen since there is...
  7. Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?: Hello again, Whenever I boot up my laptop, I get a popup that says that my password is invalid. I click on OK and it goes to another screen where I now have three options to login, all pertaining to my email password. I found the way to switch off the PIN code login but I...
  8. Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?: Hello again, Whenever I boot up my laptop, I get a popup that says that my password is invalid. I click on OK and it goes to another screen where I now have three options to login, all pertaining to my email password. I found the way to switch off the PIN code login but I...
  9. Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Possible to hide a user but still login? Home edition.: Hi all I've hidden a non-admin user by changing the registry (as it's Windows 10 Home edition) as per here and here. What I would like is to then be able to select "Other Sign In Options" when I need to use this account, however as there is only one user "enabled"/not...
  10. Black Screen After Login, Possibly Due to KB4345421 (Windows 10 Home)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen After Login, Possibly Due to KB4345421 (Windows 10 Home): I installed KB4345421 on two Win10 Home computers recently. One install worked fine, but on the other one, I got a black screen after logging in. Creating a new account did not solve the problem - it started the account setup, then displayed "It's taking a bit longer than...