Windows 10: Want OneDrive off computer but cannot seem to do it.

Discus and support Want OneDrive off computer but cannot seem to do it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I look in settings/app but there is no OneDrive app to remove. However every file I create gets sucked up into a OneDrive folder with the little BLUE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bass_gas, Jan 24, 2021.

1. bass_gas Win User

Want OneDrive off computer but cannot seem to do it.

I look in settings/app but there is no OneDrive app to remove. However every file I create gets sucked up into a OneDrive folder with the little BLUE arrows. When I click on the windows start button and scroll down there is a Microsoft OneDrive icon. When clicked on nothing happens. When I click UNINSTALL it takes me to settings/apps of which there is not OneDrive app listed. Tried to remove the registry entry but cannot find the entry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}.

:)

bass_gas, Jan 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, Want OneDrive off computer but cannot seem to do it. :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jan 24, 2021
  4. fjk61011 Win User

No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

fjk61011, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Want OneDrive off computer but cannot seem to do it. - Similar Threads - OneDrive off computer

2. OneDrive doing whatever it wants

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive doing whatever it wants: this is the second time onedrive has done this and its messing up my files and computer and i dont know why. every single path and file and somehow move it to the onedrive desktop but yet its still all on my actual desektop and it looks like nothings changed except for all...
  3. OneDrive doing whatever it wants

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive doing whatever it wants: this is the second time onedrive has done this and its messing up my files and computer and i dont know why. every single path and file and somehow move it to the onedrive desktop but yet its still all on my actual desektop and it looks like nothings changed except for all...
  4. I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer: I do not want Onedrive. I never asked for Onedrive. Give me back MY files and help me get this ransomware program you shoved down my throat off my **** machine!...
  5. I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer

I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer: I do not want Onedrive. I never asked for Onedrive. Give me back MY files and help me get this ransomware program you shoved down my throat off my **** machine!...
  6. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  7. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  8. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

9. Do not want to store in Onedrive.

Do not want to store in Onedrive.: Do not want to store in Onedrive. It seems to be default. How can I default file storage to my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-want-to-store-in-onedrive/2cc555a9-8a62-43f0-81e7-e73c0237bb69"
  10. Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...

Want to delete files from OneDrive, but they seemed to disappear from computer as well...: My subscription to OneDrive has ended so I want to reduce my OneDrive files. When I did that they seemed to disappear from my computer as well.. Why should this be? How can I just delete items from OneDrive only? Thanks....