Windows 10: Want Opinions: was update 1803 designed to push cloud storage ?

Discus and support Want Opinions: was update 1803 designed to push cloud storage ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Did Microsoft just make it impossible for us to share files between our stand alone windows 10-1803 computers ? Are they really reaching their hand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonMurray, Jan 20, 2019.

1. DonMurray Win User

Want Opinions: was update 1803 designed to push cloud storage ?

Did Microsoft just make it impossible for us to share files between our stand alone windows 10-1803 computers ? Are they really reaching their hand right into our offices and doing this to us to force us to use cloud storage ?

What about file sharing devices like freenass ? or simple servers with samba ? is that a work around ? Or maybe a router with a usb 3.01 port ?
    At this time Jan 20 2019 - Does anyone share files and printers between standalone (no server no domain) win 10 computers with update 1803 installed - in a productive way. ?

Is it possible to block update 1803 if I go back to a image of a drive before the update. ?

also maybe a different topic
    Might someone invent a USB 3.01 split or Sata signal sharing device that allows multiple computers to see a hard drive !

:)

DonMurray, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Coco51JC Win User

Windows 10 Cloud Storage from iPad mini

I have Word cloud storage which has synced with my Laptop. The problem is that I seem to have an awful lot of empty folders that I cannot delete - all of my laptop folders are designated for various documents. Also several of my word files are just added
    to the list, when I would like to designate a folder and put them in. How can I clean up my cloud content? Thanks

Coco51JC, Jan 20, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Help me choose the best 1TB cloud storage service

Just a heads up that cloud storage is on the backburner at the moment, but I'll get back to you once I've had a chance to explore the options you've suggested to me.

Thanks for all your replies, peeps. *Toast :toast:

qubit, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Want Opinions: was update 1803 designed to push cloud storage ?

Turn off cloud storage

Thank you for providing screenshot. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To proceed, kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Want Opinions: was update 1803 designed to push cloud storage ?

1. Want Opinions: was update 1803 designed to push cloud storage ? - Similar Threads - Opinions was update

2. Microsoft wasting user time pushing Edge, cloud storage and Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft wasting user time pushing Edge, cloud storage and Office 365: I restarted my PC, it failed to restart because Microsoft did an update to show me 5 minutes worth of hard-sell on my personal PC. How dare you waste my time not letting me use my personal PC by hard-selling your low-quality products like cloud storage, Office 365 and Edge....
  3. Microsoft wasting user time pushing Edge, cloud storage and Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft wasting user time pushing Edge, cloud storage and Office 365: I restarted my PC, it failed to restart because Microsoft did an update to show me 5 minutes worth of hard-sell on my personal PC. How dare you waste my time not letting me use my personal PC by hard-selling your low-quality products like cloud storage, Office 365 and Edge....
  4. Microsoft wasting user time pushing Edge, cloud storage and Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The Cloud storage is capped at 5GB . Is there is plan to increase the cloud storage in future.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Cloud storage is capped at 5GB . Is there is plan to increase the cloud storage in future.: Microsoft has a basic 5GB cloud storage feature for every customer. Yet in modern times when there are so much data generated from computing activity that size is small to store more data. Has Microsoft introduced plans to increase this 5GB cloud storage for free. I think it...
  6. cloud storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cloud storage: I have saved my documents onto a cloud from my Android Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. Can I get access to my documents on my Cloud storage using my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-storage/628faa21-e24b-48c6-b1fc-6cc41c95cc8d
  7. Cloud Storage

Cloud Storage: Recently my computer died, with a considerable amount of data in the cloud! On replacing said computer, I have used backups to get some of the data back. But, the new cloud access (peter/onedrive) is different from the old one (pjesOnedrive (still there)) and my everyday...
  8. is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?: is OneDrive storage in the Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-storage-in-the-cloud/1b36ebfd-10ed-444a-82f2-1b4bc44cc7dd
  9. How is that cloud storage?

How is that cloud storage?: Hello, I need help with the storage of the cloud, some education is good for me. I have heard and read that I can store information through my mail or something similar....
  10. Cloud storage use

Cloud storage use: Morning all, welcome to the weekend! Curious, do you use cloud storage, the likes of Box, Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive? If so, why do you use a particular one? I would like to use OneDrive. Alas, in the past, using it has seem rather slow (data transfers, along with...